✩ Chapter 3

Numbness was all he could feel

Shehryaar couldn't move, not an inch without the painful tremors shooting in his body. He was bedridden and helpless as he wished to move and let the sunlight enter this room to feel better, the room was too dark and gloomy for his liking, making him feel more sick than he already was.

Last night, the cold temperature had seeped into his bones and he yearned for natural warmth. His eyes looked around at the room, it was small, not very small but still small compared to the ones he was accustomed to.

Shahjahanpur, rummaged his brain to think where this place exactly was. Azeen, the girl had already narrated the entire location to him, just the coordinates were left which he had almost sputtered out commenting but thankfully she couldn't hear him clearly.

The only thing left was the Google assistant instructing the directions.

He was on his way to Anantagiri to check up on his factories, he was driving and talking to his Dado, then what had happened? Why can't remember what had led him to wake up in an entirely alien surrounding with a fractured hand, pain shooting his every cell, and a headache which seemed to multiply each time he tried thinking back?

He sighed but immediately regretted it as his ribs ached. How in the world did he land in this bed, attached to a beeping machine with an IV dripping in his veins? He wanted to know it quickly.

He closed his eyes, focusing on the voices which traveled in the air, they were distant. He assumed them to be that girl's family.

He stared at the door, waiting for anyone to enter to check up on him, yesterday luckily she had arrived. Helping him with water and some information which were not so normal for him to digest.

His senses perked as the handle moved and a head peeked inside.

"You are up!" The boy exclaimed cheerfully. "Assalam-o-alaikum, Don't reply if you can't. Appi says not everyone can speak after being in an accident this quick so take your time."

"W-Wallaikum Assalam." Shehryaar muttered silently, loud enough for him to hear and his brightened eyes said he heard.

"This is good, you are speaking. You will be fine soon, you know that?" He stepped inside and just like that girl he peeked at the machine and then the IV but his face said nothing made sense to him.

Shehryaar smiled.

The boy huffed, "I will go call Abbu and ask him to bring Dr. Sahay. If only Appi didn't go to her college today, I would have asked her to check you. Your bad luck you have to endure that balloon's company. He has no knowledge but an inflated ego."

Shehryaar stared at him amused. His rolling of eyes clearly testified his dislike for the said doctor.

"Just give me a few minutes okay? I'll go tell Abbu you are up again, better this time." He said and turned. Halfway out of the door he turned back. "I am Zain, What's your name, Bhaijaan?"