✩ Chapter 11

"Shehryaar, kitni der aur? Sab niche wait kar rahe hai

"Shehryaar, kitni der aur? Sab niche wait kar rahe hai." Azeen knocked on his study door.

She felt like breaking the door and throwing that piece of the device away from him. Before she had a dislike for his laptop but now she abhorred it. She had tried to end its life just yesterday by letting the damn laptop fall off the bed in name of cleaning. She had made an excuse of not seeing the damn device when in reality she had glared at it all the time.

Shehryaar was appalled at the animosity Azeen had developed for his device that he had kept his work confined in his study where he sat holed up for hours.

She hated every second of it, neither she had anything productive to do nor she could talk to him while working.

He had prohibited her entry into his study, fearing the fate his beloved laptop, his Hayat would face at his wife's hand.

Covering her head with the printed pastel green organza, she stroked the light pink shade of lipstick and checked herself one last time. She had chosen a simple long shirt and cigarette pants, small lace work at the end with hairs left open. She had minimal makeup and no extravagant jewelry, just her ring, and a bracelet.

"Mat aao bahar, me jaa rahi hoon Ayaan ke saath." She stomped her foot and went to the bed to pick up her bag and heels

The study door clicked open when she was wearing her heels. She didn't look up, ignoring his presence.

"Aap gyi nahi?" He teased.

Ignore him.

"Khafa ho?"

Ignore him.

"Baat nahi karogi?"

Ignore...

She jumped as he sat infront of her on his knees. He pried her fingers away from her ankle and adjusted the heel strap.

"Kitna silent treatment deti ho yaar tum, Zee." He stated with a pout.

She glared at him.

"I can make you talk, you know." He leaned near her whispering.

She averted her gaze from his capturing grey eyes, fingers pushing her hair away. His thumb grazed her cheek and she leaned into his touch, her treacherous reflexes always betrayed her.

"Kitni haseen biwi mili hai mujhe." He whispered making her lose her breath. He moved closer and she gulped at the proximity.

"Peeche ho." She mumbled feeling his cologne clouding her senses, breath fanning her skin, a few millimeters separating them.

"I thought you weren't talking."

She felt him smirk against her face, she pushed herself away but he pulled her back.

"Ese kese? You took so much effort to dress up, let me take a good look." His palm cupped her nape jerking her face up towards him, she gulped feeling the cold metal of his ring on her warm skin.