✩ Chapter 6

Another turn on the slop and she clutched the seat tightly to not let the friction make her jerk forward or more to drop her book on the floor, the car drove at a normal pace but every time she crossed these slops the dread settled inside of her

Relaxing a little, she slumped back as there was no other turn for at least the next half an hour.

She glanced at him, her husband.

The word was still foreign to her. He was leaned back, eyes closed as he breathed normally, the fatigue taking over him with the companionship of his medicines she had made sure he gulped before leaving.

His forehead was wrapped in a bandage, his left hand in a cast, and the slight twitch on his lips said he was in discomfort.

"Bhai," She cautiously called to the driver, a middle-aged man who had looked at her apprehensively when she first settled inside, his doubtful eyes had made Shehryaar grin for reasons unknown to her but after he had introduced her as his wife, he seemed to take an inquisitive glance at her face but nodded nonetheless.

"Ji, bibi?" he acknowledged, looking at her through the rear-view mirror for mili seconds.

"Ghadi me pillow hoga?" She asked and he took seconds to nod. (Do you have a pillow in the car?)

"Ji, piche ki seat pe hai. Let me stop at the side and I'll give it to you." He offered. (Yes, there is one on the backseat.)

"Shukriya."

(Thank you.)

Parking the SUV at the side, the quickly handed her a small, fluff pillow and got back to his seat to start the drive again. Azeen nibbled her lower lip thinking about how to place the pillow under his head without disrupting his sleep. She shifted closer to him and gently cupped his nape. Lightly she raised him a little and placed the comfortable pillow behind his head earning an instant sigh of relief from him.

She smiled shaking her head seeing his innocent sleeping face.

Feeling eyes on her glanced at the front to find the driver clearing his throat, almost trying to conceal his smile. She ducked shyly and looked out.

She shouldn't be shy, right? He was her husband, she can care for him, and she should care for him.

She leaned back, the need to nap a little had her close the book she had kept herself engrossed in from the start of this drive, she had less than a month before her final exams, the five years of MBBS coming to an end.

She had to utilize every second she got to study. Sighing she threw the thought of sleeping out of the window and tried reading, more like sinking into the medical terms.

The car took another turn taking her off guard and jerked forward only for an arm to stretch and stop her fall.

"Ya Allah" She squealed at the sudden force.