✩ Chapter 7

The sky brightened at the same time Azeen completed her Salah, she looked right then left ending her namaz, brushing her joined palms on her face she prayed one last time for things to go well, the pending talk was clouding her senses with worries...

The sky brightened at the same time Azeen completed her Salah, she looked right then left ending her namaz, brushing her joined palms on her face she prayed one last time for things to go well, the pending talk was clouding her senses with worries, and apprehension.

She quickly took a glance at Shehryaar who stirred in his nap at the bright lights entering the room. She smiled at his face which looked nothing less than a kid who was disturbed during his nap.

"Ye curtains band karde, please." He requested blinking heavily.

(Close the curtains, please)

She closed the curtain and heard his sleepy "Thank you."

Unpinning her dupatta and depositing the prayer Matt back in its place, she grabbed her books and silently walked towards the balcony, the first thing she loved in this room.

The open space was more of a small terrace than a balcony with a cozy corner decorated with plants, a woolen rug, and a mattress big enough for four people to sit on. The cream throw pillows were scattered all around. Azeen settled on the mattress and spread her books to give it a more of feel to study. She scrunched her lips as the need to have tea made her sigh.

She walked back to the room, eyes taking it in again as she admired the space. It was his own century with a sitting area, the bedroom, his connected study, closet, and washroom. The room covered one side of the floor and another half belonged to Ayaan. As per Shehryaar, Ayaan had the same setup for himself leaving some space for spare rooms.

Ayesha was on the first floor, her room not this extravagant as she preferred it to be cozy and then spacious. She shared the floor with Nafisa aunty, Zeeshan uncle, and guest bedrooms. His grandfather had his room on the ground floor connected to a huge library which she wished to see sometime, definitely after her exams.

She walked in the direction that she presumed to be the kitchen on the ground floor. Peaking in all directions to make out any presence who could help her with directions. She mumbled "Shukar" as the sounds guided her she found the kitchen in this enormous house.

"Salam" She unsurely greeted the woman who worked behind the counter.

The met the eyes of the in her mid-thirties, her head covered and an apron on her. She replied in confusion but did not say much, smiling warmly.

"Do you need something, Bibi?"

"Yes, can I make a cup of tea for myself?" Azeen asked.

"No" The voice made her turn immediately, Nafisa stood behind her in her stoic face. "Nagma will make it for you. We don't let our guests work."

Azeen gulped the need to say another word and nodded.

"Give me two minutes, Bibi. I'll make one for you quickly. Till then please sit here." Nagma gently said sensing the tension.