✩ Chapter 8

Flipping the books shut, she pushed them away and stood up

"Enough! I can't take this anymore." She announced and Shehryaar looked up frowning.

"Zee, what's wrong?" He asked.

Scooping her things she dumped them on the glass table and rubbed her palms, shrugging off specs of dust.

"Ab nahi hoga mujhse!" She stated. (I can't do it anymore)

"Kya nahi hoga, Azeen? Kya bol rahi ho?" He placed his computer glasses away, rubbing his eyes. (What you cannot do? What are you talking about?"

It has been more than two weeks since they returned, and they have tried setting in, accepting each other's presence, and finding some kind of normality. Shehryaar started going back to his office after only 4 days after their return much to Azeen's annoyance. They had their first fight when he announced in the middle of the day to return office that instant. She was mad that he was neglecting his health and going to work.

Shehryaar had an important meeting that had popped up without prior notice, he couldn't miss it. He tried explaining his reasons to Azeen but her being stubborn had him sigh and walk away.

She had tried stopping him but when he didn't budge, she stomped her foot, glared, and stopped talking until he returned back that night and made effort to talk to her. She wanted to ignore him, and stay angry but seeing him smiling charmingly at her, she slumped and gave in.

"Azeen?" he waved his palm infront of her, shaking her out of her memory lane. "Will you tell me, or should I go back to my work?"

Azeen glared at him "Work, work and work. That's all you do! Don't you get bored of this?"

"Why will I get bored? When I have this personal entertainment package with me?" He pinched her nose and she swatted his hand away.

"Joker samajh rakha hai aapne mujhe?" She demanded. (You consider me a joker?)

"Shayad..." His words trailed into a chuckle. (Maybe..)

"Not funny" She hit his shoulder and he groaned in pain.

"Ese kon marta hai, Zee?" (Who hits like this?)

"A joker." She glared, settling down near him and pouting.

"Sorry, now will you tell me? What happened?" He bumped her shoulder.

"I'm bored, all I have done in the last few days is study and study. I can't do this again. I need break." She shared, her pout intact. "Before I had so many things to do, here I can't even go anywhere other than this room."

"Kisne roka hai aapko?" Shehryaar asked "Go explore the house, take strolls in the garden or do whatever you like. This place is as much of yours as it is mine."

(Who is stopping you?)

She sighed telling him her wish in a whisper "I want to cook something. It is the only thing that makes me forget all this pressure."