Chapter One

Anticipation.

It blanketed the individuals in the car, caressing their tired faces with soft touches. Beckoning them to speed up their pace.

"Fucking aye. I can't wait to stretch my legs!"

Trinity yawned. She pulled at the platinum blonde that tangled in her eyelashes. Looking at the driver, she gave a toothy grin when they nodded their head in agreement.

"To be honest, I thought I did a good job stretching them two days ago."

The offhanded remark came from the backseat as noises of disgust came from the driver.

"So, I wasted an hour outside ya'll house because ya'll were fucking?"

Letting out a groan Trinity turned to the back seat.

"Shut up Jay!"

Jay winked as he ripped open a bag of beef jerky. The smell encased the car instantly, and they wrinkled their noses.

"I'm so sorry Khalia you had to endure his shit growing up. You should have petitioned to be an only child."

Huffing, she folded her arms across her chest. A loud cackle split the air as Khalia threw her head back. Both women the recieved kicks to their seats.

Grinning, Khalia shook her head in disapproval. Extending her arm, she fiddled with the worn volume dial. Keen on drowning out her passengers and their foolishness. Having been on the road for two days, patience was thin. More so since their destination was now fifteen minutes away.

"Hey, is Joey and the others already there!"
Jay yelled, attempting to drown out the atrocity his sister called music.
Reaching for more jerky,, he grabbed a fistful and shoveled it into his mouth. A few crumbs fell onto his beard and hoodie. Brushing off the mess, he let out a loud belch, then repeated his assault.

Khalia grimaced from the rearview mirror at his barbaric eating. As much as she adored the 6'2 brat, he's absolutely disgusting. Trinity laughed at Khalia's expression, turning her attention to the views. 

The highway they traveled wasn't lacking in scenery. It led them through states such as Utah, Idaho, and Oregon. They saw vast canyons and snowcapped mountains. Open plains also greeted them when they stopped to take pictures of natures divine creations.

 Now, in Washington, their drive would be coming to an end at Cape Disappointment. An odd name that they found humorous and possibly the sole reason for their stay. Having acquired cabins deep in the forest, peaceful seclusion awaited them.

"Kha-li-a, did you hear me!"

Annoyance dripped into every word. Leaning forward, he yanked the dark brown bun atop her head. Wincing, Khalia rolled her eyes, "Touch my hair again and see what happens. Yes, they're already there. Now, can you please shut the fuck up."

"Thank you, your highness."

He pulled on her bun once more and chuckled at her scowl. Immediately it was replaced with a broad smile when the sign came into view.

"Welcome to Cape Disappointment bitches!"

                           *~*~*~*

It didn't take long for them to find the rest of the group. Joey and his girlfriend, Alexa, stood a top a picnic table waving their arms wildly in their direction. Marcus, Alexa's cousin, rolled his eyes at the two, but shared their enthusiasm. Khalia soon parked her Nissan Murano next to Joey's Jeep Wrangler.

The three exited the car, stretching in weird synchronization. Jay then took the pportunity to sneak up behind Trinity, capturing her into a hug. She gasped, a glint of fear in her eyes, before realizing who it was. Planting dozens of sloppy kisses on her neck, she giggled. Khalia jogged over to Alexa, throwing her arms around her, burying her face into her long black curls.