Chapter Nineteen

A/N: I'll fix the grammatical errors later. I really needed to get this out. Enjoy! Thanks yall! 

"Hey! Khalia! Where are you! We're heading out!"

Khalia jumped at the loud bangs on the cabin door. She dropped the olive-green jeans she held and scuttled to the door. Throwing it open Caleesi wasted no time running inside. Breezing by her she inhaled the fresh lilac scent coming off her. The sun warmed Khalia's face as she watched Caleesi bound up and down, a look of bliss etched into her face.

Grey high waist shorts and an orange crop top sweater adorn her. She had pulled her honey blonde hair into a high braided ponytail. The glow on her face warmed Khalia and she felt her lips upturn. Seeing her like this reminded her of her own time as a wild teen.

"What's got you so happy?"

Walking back into her bedroom, she picked up the jeans she dropped, throwing them with the rest of her clothes on the bed. Caleesi followed, eyes enlarging at the scattered mess of clothes and shoes. In the corner she saw a small mirror with makeup scattered around it.

"Awe baby girl, do you need help getting ready for your date?"

Pushing the pile over Caleesi climbed on to her bed, giggling as Khalia ran her hands down her face, then rubbed her eyes.

"I don't know what the plan is, but I have nothing to wear."

"I'm glad you said that! I got approved to leave for the day!"

"Meaning?"

Khalia arched a brow at the youngin, picking up a baby blue tank top and holding it against her body.

"Meaning we can go shopping for your date! Preferably downtown."

Caleesi grinned, ignoring the tension that seized Khalia's body. Sniffing in her direction, she caught a low musk of apprehension pooling off her.

"No. Not a good idea for me. I'm not sure how you forgot so quickly but uh, I'm being hunted by a homicidal monster with a hard on for torture."

"Oh stop! Downtown is heavily populated especially around this time. With the fireworks going, vendor booths, and shops there's no way he'd be able to scent you out. Plus, you have me."

Khalia stopped to ask what she meant then remembered what day was coming up, July 4th. The Fire festival, an annual jamboree in Whistling where residents and tourists gather to celebrate life and freedom. A three-day event, they would be heading down during the second day.

"Caleesi listen, there's not much to the festival. Just a bunch of people getting fucked up, eating, and letting off fireworks."

"Don't forget the music, games, and shows! I've never been, and I've lived here for 10 years! I'm tired of watching online, looking at others experiences when I can have my own!"

"Ah, maybe you should ask one of your friends Caleesi."

As the words permeated the cool air, Khalia watched her frown, eyes taking a pitiful hue.

"But...we are friends."

She whispered it softly, but Khalia caught every word. The tears brimmed in her eyes before she could comprehend why that statement cut her deeply. A cloud formed in her mind, and she felt the oh so familiar presence make herself known.

"You should go. You've been stressed out, have you not? If I'm not mistaken, your favorite store is downtown. You used to frequent it every week."

Parasita cooed softly, a hint of amusement laced in the words. Her favorite store was indeed downtown. Problem Solved, the one stop shop for all your needs. Her last visit there was before the trip.