Chapter Seventeen

"Say it no need to be shy on my part. We've got to know each other very well!"

"Ngh! Theo you're, you're ... I want to kill you with my bare hands!"

"I don't think that's what we practiced my dear Luna."

A crash resounded. Theo had tossed the raven-haired woman across the room. She landed hard, decimating the bookcase she herself picked out, not long ago. A strangled cry rattled from her. Glass from the picture frames embedded in her skin.

Theo sneered at her attempt to stand. Her pale skin, a canvas for her wounds. It surprised him how weak his opposition had been. Three to one odd in his condition, statistically, he should have lost. When the moment came that he decapitated the Alpha, he reveled in victory.

The Beta gave up soon after, a pathetic excuse for a right-hand. As victor, he gets the pack, and any assets it holds. Unfortunately for him, it held only fifteen members. Not a tyrant with pack politics, he gave them the option to leave or fight for his title.

Conversely, that was after he strung the headless carcass up in their community hall. They decided to remain his dutiful underlings. He took up residence in the Alpha's mansion, with his temporary Luna. Adding her to his list.

"Let's try again! What's so damn hard at saying Theo you're better than my fated ever was. He won't mind, he can't hear you. Our secret."

He snickered as her eyes widened, reminding her of his butcher.

"Ah, I get it, maybe you need another round to judge. I'm starting to think you like my dick inside you."

At that threat, the woman screamed, scrambling to her feet. Turning to face him she put her arms up defensively.

He can't take her, not again.

"Ready once more Luna?"

Theo jumped off the bed he idled on. Stepping to her he stopped when pounding sounded on the heavy mahogany doors. Flashing her his famous grin, he held a finger up to her.

"Enter."

Slowly, the huge doors creaked open. Annoyed, a short portly man bumbled in. He kept his gaze down, showing the shiner he called a dome. A spineless lamb, who better have a good reason to interrupt.

"A-alpha...we, we-"

"Look up Beta."

The man did so, fearful to invoke the wrath of the maniac. He trembled slightly at his imposing power. Theo's disfigured face made his skin crawl. Especially the gaping hole in where his eye should be. The scar tissue inside throbbed with the flow of blood.

"Beta Tomas."

The weak whisper came from behind his new Alpha. Theo stepped aside, observing Tomas as he took in the frail form of his Luna. Naked, bloody, and bruised. She pleaded with him, through her terrified gazed.

"Do, do you want to save her?"

The question caught him off guard. Sweat beaded on his forehead as he looked between the two. One, he's know his lifetime, the other, a devil who strolled in town. The tension made him look back down.

"N...no my Alpha."

"Look at her, I don't think my Luna heard you."

At this point Tomas began shaking. When he finally brought his face up, Theo cackled at the tears.

"My god, this is cheering me up!"

Tomas bit his lip, staying quiet. Meeting his Luna's gaze he tried to form the words. Though the malice in her heart was there, it couldn't reach her eyes. She felt no anger for his choice, only rejection.