Chapter Fourteen

Walking to the cabin was arduous. Khalia shivered, stumbling keep up with Diem's long stride. Her legs sank into the snow on the uneven terrain. Diem never once let go of her hand, now privy to her behavior. Holding tighter he guided her down the ski ridge.

Apparently they were at Whistling Ski Resort. Not the only one in town but the best for your buck. Khalia glanced at the ski lift parallel to where they walked. It was motionless, thankfully. She never took up winter sports. Seeing that tall naked men roamed out here, she never will.

Speaking of tall naked men, Khalia raised a brow at Diem. His gait exuded a lazy confidence. Bronze undertones made his sun-tanned skin luminescent against the snowy landscape. She inspected his back. His muscles contouring with each step over hardened snow. Shamefully scanning his ass before swiftly turning away, chiding herself. This wasn't the time for this.

We have Theo.

Khalia nodded then realized what she was agreeing too. A disgusted look crossed her face, and she shook her head to rid the thought. The hand around her wrist tightened with her movements. Khalia groaned, worn out and more than likely dying from hypothermia.

"Can, can you just let me go home?"

"No."

Diem shook his head as the wrist he held grew taunt. This was her fifth 'surprise' escape. Behind him he watched her struggle to free herself. Scratched him, smacked him, and even bit him. The last attack caused a loud chuckle to leave him, startling her.

"Listen Kirm- Lia, do you know what you are?"

"Khalia and yes, kidnapped."

Tugging her arm he continued their descent down. A road appeared in the distance. Next to it a few building Khalia assumed were apart of the resort.

"You're childish for someone your age."

"Ya mama was childish for having you."

Diem stopped walking and Khalia snickered victoriously.  She watched his shoulders rise and became delighted at the moan he let out. These kidnappers are going to be miserable.

"You need home training."

"The fuck does that mean?"

Khalia frowned at the back of his head when he didn't reply. They had reached the road and she was happy to be on a semi solid surface.

"The cabin isn't far. When we get there an Omega will help you clean up. Afterwards, Alpha Gian and Luna Nyla will come assess your situation."

"I don't have a situation! This is kidnapping."

Diem scoffed catching Khalia off guard. With her balance better she strolled next to him. Quickening their pace he looked around, then at Khalia.

"I found you naked inside an elk carcass."

"Inside?"

"Yes, inside or deep in them guts as your people like to say."

"Aht, excuse me, my people?"

Diem chuckled at the bite in her voice.

"Yes, your people. You humans. Homo sapiens if that suits your fancy."

"Are you not human?"

"Nope."

"What are you?"

"Asked you first. We're here."

Khalia saw the corner of his lips turn upward. Diem pointed to a driveway that ran parallel to the road. It was barely noticeable with the abundant Oak Brush covering the entrance. As they began walking down the drive, she noticed a group of Aspens clustered around a clearing.