Chapter Sixteen

A/N: To smooth over my absence. Here's another picture I made with AI. Enjoy the chap!

Thump thump thump

Onyx paws pounded harshly on the frosted ground. Breath came in short pants, crystalizing in the cold mountain air. In the distance, the black and brown speck sprinted to the slope. Trying in vain to escape his crazed owner. His cries became a sinful symphony in her ears. Regardless of minor similarities, prey is prey.

"Run Diesel!"

Khalia screamed, but a combination of snarls escaped instead. She could feel the wind rush against her body, hear the beating of his heart. On autopilot Parasita guided them, cutting through the snow, exalted at being free.

"After I kill your mutt we'll go search for our fated."

The taunt billowed in their shared mind.

"Bitch you're delusional! If you fucking touch him-"

"I can feel him close by. He yearns for us."

"Cunt I'll kill you before you ever make it there. Give me back my body!"

Parasita howled as rebuttal. Diesels form grew closer. She watched the mutt take a tumble, halting it's actions. Seizing the opportunity she pounced. In midair a growl caused her ears to twitch. Suddenly, she was attacked from the left side. The force of the impact stole her breath.

Parasita crashed into the snow, opposite of where Diesel lay cowering. Skidding to a stop by the fence that surrounded the ski lift, gripped her side. No doubt something was broken.

"Shift, now."

The familiar voice demanded. The harshness it held made her snort. Sensing his escape, Diesel hopped up, running pass Diem, towards the cabins.

"Or what goblin! You sucker-punching pussy."

Diem's piercing gaze never strayed. He took in the thick onyx fur that grew in patches over her body, continuing to sprout from the tender flesh. Her muzzle hadn't yet grew to completion. Leaving her face a grotesque mixture of human and wolf. Agonizing to say the least, assuming she rarely transformed.

"Pft, you're brazen. Khalia wouldn't be too fond of the death of her companion."

"Greif is temporary. Once we unite with our fated, we won't need companionship elsewhere. "

Diem sneered then began circling. Parasita got in a defensive position. She watched Diem stalk closer with agitation and intrigue. Slowly he brought his hands up to his shirt collar, pulling it over his head. When their eyes broke contact, Parasita charged, using every ounce of force she had into her take off. He was an obstacle and she needed him gone.

It was mere seconds. One minute she watched him throw his shirt to the side. Next a brindled beast, grinning menacingly, was meeting her head on. It was enough of a fright to cause a falter in her step, sending her to the ground headfirst.

Rushing to stand she felt a large hand grab the scruff of her neck. Another took her right arm and twisted it behind her back. Parasita yelped, his claws digging into her flesh. Pressing against her backside Diem shoved her face first into the snow.

"Shift!"

Roaring, Diem snapped next to her ear. Her tail whipped restlessly against his abdomen. The more she struggled the further he pushed her into the snow.

"Shift damnit!"

This time his words echoed in her mind. Surprised, Parasita let a whine escape. On the verge of suffocation, she didn't want to give in. However his aura brought terror into her heart. He'd kill her given the chance. He had no problem with demonstrating that.