New Lands

Grian
"Are we ready?" I asked. I looked around at all the Hermit's that had gathered. I watched as they all nodded, nervous expressions on each of their faces. I didn't blame them.

"On the count of three.." I took a deep breath, "1... 2... 3!"

I plunged into the portal. I felt the sickening feeling of nausea as i went through, along with the feeling of falling. I had always hated going through portals, it felt so weird. I tried not to pass out as the swirling purple particles transported me to wherever this portal led to.

Suddenly the world became clear again. I groaned and looked around. A massive bridge was off to my left, other than that, there were not many landmarks. I turned around and watched as the rest of the Hermit's came stumbling out of the portal. I smiled. We had gotten away from King Ren's rule, and could now be free. I knew that was not the reason they had left though, as some of Ren's knights had joined in on the adventure. They were all here out of curiosity.

It was time for a new beginning.

Ren
I sighed, tapping my fingers against the armrest of my throne. It was boring now that the Hermit's had disappeared into Grian's rift. The few people that remained were busy and didn't have time to socialise. I glanced to my left. At least I had Bdubs. I was grateful my greatest ally had chosen not to go with the others, especially when there was no guarantee they would come back. Who knew what lay on the other side of the rift.

I felt a sudden pang of nerves. Xisuma had gone through too, if they didn't come back, how would they start the new season when it came to that time? Only admins could open the portal to new seasons.

At least I didn't have to worry about anyone causing shenanigans. The Hermits had kept true to their word when they were defeated in the minigame. My sword was still tainted with their blood.

"Ren?" Bdubs said suddenly, "I have something to ask of you".

"Yes, Bdubs?" I replied curiously, meeting his brown eyes.

"I want to go through the rift" He said sheepishly, "with your permission of course". I stared at him, feeling conflicted.

"Why would you want to do that?" I sighed, "if you leave I'll be alone, Cleo, Joe, Scar and Cub already went through".

"I'm not sure" Bdubs said, "I guess it's just the call of adventure".

"I'm not happy about it" I muttered through gritted teeth, "but I give you permission".

"Thank you!" Bdubs jumped up and hugged me tightly.

"Well it would be selfish of me to keep you here" I shrugged, "just one thing".

"Yes?" Bdubs looked at him curiously.

"If possible, try and send me a message" I instructed, "I heard that Grian received a message, so maybe you could do the same".

"Yes my liege" Bdubs bowed, "I can do that".

"Good" I narrowed my eyes, "they act like I don't know some of them went through to escape me".

"You could come too?" Bdubs suggested.

I shook his head with a sigh.

"Maybe soon" I replied, "but not yet".

Bdubs nodded in understanding.

"May I go now?" Bdubs asked.

"Yes" I nodded, "just.. please come back".

Bdubs patted my shoulder gently. I gave him a warm smile, which he returned.

"I will" and with that he turned and left me alone in the castle.