Trapped

Etho

"Hello?" I opened my eyes, blinking as they adjusted to the dim lighting. I felt my stomach drop as I took in the purpleish coloured void that surrounded me.

"Please just go away" I pleaded, "why me?"

"You're strong and feared. You were always an excellent choice" the voice replied.

I saw purpleish smoke waver around me, the smoke quickly forming a figure. Within moments I was staring into the eyes of myself. The copycat did a little bow.

"There is no need for you anymore" my clone told me.

"What?" I took a step back.

"You are a bad influence on Bdoubleo. We cannot have you messing anything up".

"Come on, it won't hurt" my clone stepped towards me, "all your pain will go away".

"I don't want to" I whispered, "I'm not a bad person".

"But you are. You've hurt and nearly killed your friends. They don't care for you anymore". I felt like I'd been stabbed.

"I- c- can't remember" I stammered, "I didn't mean to".

"Which is why you're weak" my clone snarled at me, "you don't have the guts to do what we do".

"Where's the Etho we saw in the Life series? The maniac that slaughtered his friends without mercy?"

"I don't want to be him..." memories of being the boogeyman flashed through my mind, "I got Bdubs killed".

"You care for him too much. Which is why it is time you left" the voice said with contempt. My replica stepped closer again. I stared him in the eyes, so similar to my own. We shared every feature and detail.

"You can join Joel now. There is no use for you".

I tried to step backwards but my feet were glued to the floor. My replica stepped closer and closer until we were centimetres apart.

"Goodbye Etho" my twin whispered.

I shivered as my twin walked right into me, like a ghost. Suddenly I felt like he was being thrown into space. Unbelievable pressure weighed me down as my mind was ripped from my body. I almost lost consciousness as I got thrown with force to the floor. Within seconds I was back in a void.

I stood up and looked around. I saw a small shape sitting on the floor, small sobs echoing from it. Curious, I walked closer. I realised with shock it was Joel, but not in his god form.

"Joel?" I whispered. Joel sat up with shock, spinning around.

"Etho? Oh no" Joel wiped the tears from his face, "they got you".

"What is this place?" I asked.

"I'm not entirely sure" Joel confessed, "I think it's a kind of mind space, which is why I'm not in my god form. This is how I look by default".

"Oh" I wasn't sure what to say, "so we're trapped in our minds? But our bodies are in the outside world just not controlled by us?"

Joel nodded, patting the spot next to him, indicating me to sit. I crossed my legs and sat down next to the smaller male.

"I thought I would just be alone here" Joel told me, "Scott, Tango and Scar were here for a little bit but I haven't seen them for a while".

"What do you mean they were here?" I was confused.

"Whoever is controlling them in the real world isn't them" Joel explained, "I'm guessing whoever is controlling them now isn't the same as us, hence why they aren't here".