Fire

Tango

"Burn it" Ren snarled, "burn it all".

I smiled. Since finding out where the Hermits and Emperors had been hiding, Ren had been figuring out what to do. In short, he had decided I was to burn Sanctuary to the ground.

"I will not fail" I bowed. I spun around and launched into the air. This would be fun.

When I arrived at Sanctuary the place looked like a ghost town. I grinned. I would just burn them out if hiding. I took my flint and steel out of my pocket and struck it together. Sparks flew into a garden bed, making the flowers catch alight.

I walked along the path, striking at the flint and steel as I went. Soon flames were licking at the walls of many buildings, scorching the wood. Smoke drifted into the air. I took a deep breath, breathing in its calming scent.

I suddenly heard shouts of fear coming from behind me. I saw Xisuma and Impulse run out one of the larger buildings. They spotted me and their eyes widened in fear.

"Hello" I grinned at them with all my teeth, "like the show?" I heard an explosion come from behind me as I said that.

"Tango stop!" Impulse shouted, "you're one of us!"

"Am I?" I sneered, "last time I saw you I tried to put a sword through your heart".

"Tango please.." Xisuma cried.

"No, I'm free now" I shook mybhead, "I'm no longer restricted by the rules".

I heard more shouts as more people showed up. I gave them a grim smile. I launched into the air before landing on the roof of a building that resided in the middle of Sanctuary.

I struck my flint and steel relentlessly so flames covered the whole Empire. I had the ability to control fire to a small degree so the flames spread quickly. Arson was fun.

"Tango please" this time it was Sausage, "leave my empire alone".

"Why should I?" I laughed.

"Because you're our friend" this time it was Shelby that spoke. My breath caught in my throat.

"Tango, we were buddies" this time Jimmy spoke. The three of them looked up at where I stood on the roof of the now on fire building. I felt tears gather in my eyes. What was I doing? I hurt them. I hurt Jimmy.

No, I am doing the right thing.

"Tango listen" Jimmy said, "we care for you".

"If you stop now we will forgive you" Shelby gave me a small smile.

"SHUT UP" I screeched, clutching my face, "stop messing with my head!"

"I promise I will forgive you" said Sausage, "we know it's not your fault".

"Be QUIET" I yelled, "you're not my friend!"

I let out a loud demonic screech, my mind was in a whirlwind of thoughts. It was too much. I felt the anger bubble begin to rise until it was pushing just over the brink. My body radiated with heat as I took short, rapid breaths.

Flames were shooting everywhere as anger consumed me. My body had flames swirling around it in one big tornado of fire. I heard screams of terror as the flames grew. I launched a rocket, which created an explosion so huge the building I had been standing on was blown to smithereens.

I was launched into the air and I quickly flew up into the clouds. As I flew away he didn't look back once.

Boiling hot tears streamed down my face as I flew, stinging my cheeks. I wiped my face with a frown. I had no time for sensitive emotions.