Thoughts

Xisuma

I wasn't sure how this happened, but I didn't have time to think about it now. My sword clashed against Ren's axe as he tried to strike. I wasn't trying to hurt him, more so just trying to protect myself. No matter what I couldn't bring myself to hurt my friend. Even if Ren had done horrible things and didn't care for me, I refused to harm him.

"Just give up Xisuma" Ren snarled, "you can't beat me". I knew this was probably true.

"I don't want to hurt you Ren" I cried, "please don't make me".

"Coward" Ren growled. The wolf man spun his axe around and smashed the butt of it against my helmet. I felt the screen of my helmet crack and I fought unconsciousness. Reeling, I ducked under another blow only to get smashed in the side of the head with the side of the axe again. I felt the darkness creeping closer. My vision began to cloud as I watched Ren approach, preparing to strike the final blow. All of a sudden Joey was there, fending Ren off.

"Stay the hell away from him" Joey shouted, "he's my crew".

Ren snarled as Joey struck him with his fist. I took the moment to recover, shaking my head to clear the fog. I hadn't expected Joey of all people to protect me, but I was grateful for it. When I felt like I could move again I moved next to Joey, and together we struck again and again. Ren began to back away until he couldn't anymore. He was cornered in an alleyway of two houses.

"Give up Ren" I advised, "you're cornered".

"You should know not to mess with pirates" Joey laughed.

Ren lowered his face and let out a low animalistic growl. The sky was dark now and his eyes held a blue glow behind the pair of diamond glasses he wore. He looked perfectly insane.

"Well?" I said, "do you surrender?"

"Never" Ren snarled. He suddenly charged at us. He pushed me so I fell over, before hitting Joey in the head with the butt of his axe. I scrambled to my feet but Ren had disappeared before I could stop him. I realised Joey was clutching his head.

"Are you okay?" I ran over.

"I'm fine" Joey said through gritted teeth, "go stop him". A glint of bright red blood poured from Joey's forehead. Luckily it didn't look too serious. I nodded and took off back into the battle. I had to find Ren and stop him.

I emerged back into the battle to see people fleeing. I was confused, thinking the Hermits and Emperors were running away until I realised it was Ren's group. Everywhere I looked I saw them fleeing. I saw Ren in the centre shouting commands.

"Retreat! We got what we came for!" Ren yelled.

I saw Scott and Tango take to the skies, quickly followed by the rest. Almost as quickly as the fight had started, it was over. I saw Jevin limping over to me, followed by Pearl and Cleo.

"We figured out how they found us" Cleo said gravely, "they used the tracking command on Pearl".

"Oh dear" I sighed, "what are we to do now?"

"I'm so sorry" Pearl whispered.

"It's not your fault" Cleo said sternly, "stop blaming yourself".

"I agree with Cleo" Jevin added.

"I think I have something that can help" Grian suddenly appeared, "I think we can get Bdubs on our side".

"How do you know?" I questioned. From what I'd seen, Bdubs was nothing but loyal to Ren.

"When you guys came to rescue me he let me out of my chains so I could go help you guys" Grian explained, "I think he's not as happy with Ren as we all think".