ᔑ╎ᑑᔑ⨅

Xisuma
Renthedog joined the game.

Etho joined the game.

ᑑᔑjoined the game.

⋮𝙹 joined the game.

I jumped in surprise at the notification. I smiled when I noticed Ren and Etho had joined. More friends to join Hermitopia! I suddenly frowned in confusion as I saw a third and fourth name appear in the chat. It appeared to be... symbols? Who's username's was that?

"Hey Impulse" I called to my friend, not looking up from my communicator, "check this out".

"What's up?" Impulse asked, leaning over to look at it.

"It says someone unknown joined the server" I said with concern, "I hope it's not a glitch of some kind".

"Well clearly only admins can see it" Impulse glanced at his own communicator, "mine only shows Etho and Ren joined".

"That's odd" I murmured, "I'll have to speak to Fwip about it".

"Good idea" Impulse agreed, "he's an admin, he might know".

"Thanks Impulse" I thanked him, "I'll see you later".

Impulse waved goodbye and I took off towards Fwip's base. The goblin didn't live too far, so it only took around ten minutes of flying before I could see the entrance. To my surprise, when I headed through the tunnel I almost crashed head-first into Fwip himself. I jumped back. I realised Fwip wore a frown of worry on his face just as I did.

"I'm guessing you saw it too?" Fwip sighed.

"And I'm guessing you don't know what it is either" I replied anxiously. Fwip shook his head.

"I've figured out it's definitely some kind of entity" Fwip said, "but I can't access its code for some reason".

"Do you think it's a glitch?" I suggested. Fwip shook his head again.

"I don't know, but whatever they are.." Fwip trailed off, "I think they've latched on to Etho, and possibly Ren".

"What do you mean 'latched on'?" I questioned.

"I think it's done something to their code" Fwip frowned, "we need to keep an eye out in case either of them are acting weird".

"Good idea" I murmured.

"I'm not saying avoid them, but we should be cautious" Fwip continued, "I've never seen anything like this before. I don't know what it's capable of".

"I'll tell the other hermits to be careful" I nodded, "I don't want to risk anything".

"I need you to check their code" Fwip told him, "you know them best".

"I will try" I promised.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I concentrated and let the numbers and letter of the world's code fill my mind. When I opened my eyes again I was surrounded by falling green code. I typed a command into my communicator.

/show player etho

A section of the code was enlarged and detailed everything about Etho. I frowned. It appeared everything was normal. I was just about to check Ren's code when I noticed something.

∴ᒷ ᔑ∷ᒷ ||𝙹⚍

I stared at it in worry. It seemed to be in whatever language the username of the entity was.

"Hey Fwip?" I called.

"Yes?" The goblin walked through the falling code to see what I was looking at. His eyes widened when he saw it.