Mind

Ren
I knew they were catching on that something was up, but I was sick of being the 'nice and friendly' Hermit. I wanted to control everything. I wanted power over everything.

I let out a throaty growl. I just needed to find Etho. I wasn't stupid. I knew it was Watchers I was dealing with. I'd seen the damage they could do, hence why I knew I needed to tread carefully. But it would all be worth it. I didn't know why they were so set on finding Grian, but that was not his problem.

My ears pricked at the sound of a fire work going off in the distance. I looked up to the starry night sky. It was dark out but I could see a faint glimmer of silvery wings. I watched as the figure slowly circled around me before coming down to land.

"Hello Etho" I greeted him.

"Hello Ren" the Canadian greeted me, "the Hermit's and Emperor's have been looking for us".

"Yes I know" I said impatiently, "Xisuma came by earlier".

"ᔑ╎ᑑᔑ⨅ may have blown our cover" Etho said, "they made me attack Grian but the others came so we had to leave".

"So they know the Watcher's are here?" I hissed. Etho tilted his head. He'd been weird lately, but I knew it was because of his code being altered by the Watcher. But alas it was needed.

"Well that depends on whether Grian will risk himself" I jumped back as Etho's eyes rolled to the back of his head. A purple eye showed where his grey one once did. I knew this meant the Watcher side of Etho was in control, as freaky as it was.

"What do you mean risk himself?" I said, confused.

"Ah they didn't tell you" Etho chuckled, "Grian is a Watcher himself".

My mind reeled with this new information. Grian was a Watcher? Since when?

"He was never meant to be there" Etho hissed, "he was only ever meant to watch".

"If he's a Watcher how did he join Hermitcraft?" I asked curiously.

"He escaped after his first server crashed and somehow managed to get to your server" Etho's eyes narrowed, "he's been on the run from us ever since".

"Ah" I mused, "so you have unfinished business with him".

"You could say that" Etho murmured, "now go find Bdoubleo and your other allies. As strong as you are you are severely outnumbered". Etho's eyes rolled back again, reverting back its original grey shade. Etho fell to the ground clutching his head.

"Ow" he whispered. I could've sworn I could see the faintest glimmer of tears in his eyes.

"Come Etho" I told him, "let's find Bdubs". Etho nodded and stood up, wincing.

I equipped the elytra I totally hadn't stolen from Pix earlier, pulling it over my shoulders.

"Do you know where he would be?" I asked.

"Scott said he is living in Sanctuary with Sausage" Etho told me, "apparently he's some kind of God to him".

"Ah" I murmured, "who is this Scott character?"

"Remember Scott? From the life series?" Etho explained, "he's kept me hidden so I think we can trust him".

"Good" Ren said, "now let's go".