Suspicion

Grian

I tapped my fingers anxiously against my side, glacing over at Xisuma who stood next to me. I sighed. I felt so incredibly stressed.

I heard Xisuma exhale softly. While I felt worried, I couldn't imagine how it felt for Xisuma and Fwip. I couldn't help feeling bad, it was the Hermit's fault Fwip's server was under threat. This would never have happend if we hadn't gone through the rift.

"Grian you can go if you want" Xisuma said suddenly, "there's really nothing more you can do".

"Have you figured out anything?" I pressed. Xisuma shook his head.

"Unless we find Etho and Ren, there's really nothing we can do" he replied, "I don't think the Watcher's have managed to become a physical form yet, I believe it's latched onto Etho".

Xisuma bit his lip. "It must have done something to Ren.." he murmured, "I can't picture him doing all this..."

"I saw what he did during Third Life" I reminded him, "don't get your hopes up too high". Xisuma's face was etched with worry.

"Anyway, if it's okay I'll go have a break" I told him, "message me if you need me".

Xisuma nodded and turned back to his work.

I walked away in need of a distraction. I wandered outside of Hermitopia, heading towards the bridge. I looked around, wondering what to do to pass the time.

"Hey Grian" I jumped around to see Scar there grinning.

"Hey Scar" I smiled, "are you busy?"

"Nope" he grinned again.

"Why are you acting weird?" I frowned, raising a brow.

"I'm not!" Scar put his hands up, "I'm just in a goofy mood". Scar lowered his face and smiled, causing me to groan and look away.

"You are insufferable with that face" I told him.

"I know, that's why I do it" Scar put his hand out, "wanna go for a walk?"

I grudgingly accepted. At least I could pass the time.

"If this is your attempt at flirting you can drop the act" I told him when we were just about to step onto the bridge.

"Relax, I'm just being a good friend" Scar's eyes widened but he was grinning.

The two of us walked on in silence, hand in hand. We were around the middle section when we heard a Scottish accent call out to us.

"Whens the wedding?" I saw Scott coming out from his area. I guessed he had just been to the underground market.

"We're not together" I insisted, "he's just being Scar".

Scott gave me the 'uh huh, sure' face.

"We're together Grian just doesn't know it yet" Scar smiled. Scott barked a laugh of amusement.

"Scar!" I felt my face heat up. Scott smiled at me unnervingly.

"Well it was nice seeing you two" Scott said, "but I must go". Scott launched into the air and disappeared.

Scar and I continued to walk along the bridge, occasionally pausing to inspect a flower growing in the cracks of the bricks.

"Feel better?" Scar asked me.

"Yes actually" I smiled, "it's been a nice distraction". Scar smiled back.

"Has Xisuma and Fwip figured out anything?" Scar said suddenly. I looked at him suspiciously.

"Aren't you still loyal to Ren?" I knew Scar had been a close ally to Ren, and if he still was I didn't think that was information Scar should know.

"No, no" Scar replied quickly, "that's all behind me". I narrowed my eyes, then softened. It was Scar. I couldn't lie to him.

"We think the Watcher's are latched onto Etho in some way" I told him, "we also think someone is lying for whatever reason about not seeing them".

"Do you have any idea who?" Scar asked curiously.

"Joey, Joel, and Shelbie are all candidates. Maybe Scott" I sighed, "we doubt it's a Hermit since there's no where any of them could hide someone".

"Sounds reasonable" Scar said, "Joey sounds very likely".

"Yeah, but the issue with him is I don't think he'd care about another person enough to hide them from am entire server" I replied, "and same with Joel".

"Fair enough" Scar nodded.

"Anyway, enough of that" I smiled, "let's head back".

Scar nodded in agreement and we walked back together in silence.

"Thanks Scar" I waved goodbye.

"You're welcome" Scar responded waving back.

As I walked away I felt warm. But that warmth seeped out of me as I walked back to where Xisuma was. We were still under threat. There was no time for happiness.

I sighed.

No time.

Bdubs

I held an icepack to Etho's head, pressing it down softly. The silvernette whimpered in pain.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I asked him.

"I'm fine" Etho replies. I pressed the icepack down harder. Etho let out a gasp and grabbed my hand.

"Yeah right" I scoffed, "just admit you're in pain".

Etho merely grunted in response.

"Do you know why you keep getting thse headaches?" I lowered my voice, keenly aware Ren was just outside the room.

"I don't know" Etho also lowered his voice, "I keep doing actions that aren't my own..."

I stopped and stared at him. What did Ren do to him?

"Hold this I'll be right back" I grabbed Etho's hand and put the icepack in it.

I ran out the door to the other room without looking back. I saw Ren sitting at a table, looking at a map of some kind.

"What did you do to him?" I demanded, "why is he acting so weird?"

Ren looked up and stared at me. He stood up slowly, towering over me.

"Bdoubleo how dare you speak to me like that" Ren snarled, "I'm doing what's necessary to make me King of this server".

"Is it really worth it?" I said quietly, shocked by his response.

"There is nothing wrong with Etho, in fact, he's better than he ever was" Ren growled, "it will all be worth it".

"I'm just worried about him..." I stammered, "he scares me".

"He is fine" Ren hissed, "now leave me I must ponder".

I bowed my head and backed out of the room. With wide eyes I returned to the room Etho was in. I saw Etho watching him with curiosity in his eyes.

"What was that about?" He asked, "I heard a lot of snarling".

I wondered how I should respond without making Etho worry.

"Don't worry" I smiled, "Ren and I just had a small disagreement over something".

Etho nodded. He put the icepack down gently.

"Thanks Bdubs" the edges of his eyes crinkled, signalling a smile, "I feel a lot better"

I smiled back. I went closer to Etho and pulled him into a quick hug.

"Promise you'll always be here?" I murmured.

Etho looked confused but hugged me back.

"I promise".