Tension

?????

"He has been captured"

"Excellent, what is our next move?"

"I will make sure he cannot run. He will submit to us"

"Wise, but what if he dies?"

"Either way the problem will be fixed and the balance will be restored. I don't care if he lives or dies"

"Are you sure we can trust Rendog to do what he is told?"

"This isn't the first time he's had help from us. We sent him the Listener in hopes we could rid ourselves of ̇/, but obviously failed. I doubt he will fail us again, especially with Etho".

"Yes, instead of Listening, Inthelittlewood instead went rogue. Disappointing."

"If all else fails you know the backup plan."

"Yes. They will truly never see it coming."

"Our biggest priority is obtaining a solid form in their world. We cannot hide in the void forever"

"Indeed. We need to get at least one of the Admins out of the picture. Two of them is far too dangerous. Especially when we don't know what the new one is capable of"

"Smart. But even so, they are nothing compared to us. We have been here far longer than them"

"Soon our brethren will roam free, and all those who oppose will join us. No more differences or hate, we will all be one"

The two stared at each other's masked faces and smiled grimly.

Xisuma

I paced back and forth across my room in frustration, sweat dripping down my forehead. I whipped around and typed a command into my communicator.

/locate player Grian

Still the same message appeared.

This player does not exist, or invalid code syntax. Please try again.

I breathed a sigh of nerves. I desperately hoped Grian was just lost somewhere, but I felt in my heart this wasn't true. Grian was a lot of things, but he wasn't one to run off when his friends needed him. I knew we had to find him before Ren did.

I decided I needed to gather a search party, that I dearly hoped wouldn't turn into a rescue party. I pushed the door open and stepped into the light. I spotted Pearl, Impulse, Cleo and Cub standing under a tree talking in hushed whispers. They noticed me and beckoned me over, looking worried.

"Have you seen False anywhere?" Pearl said with concern, "no one has seen her since last night".

"No I haven't" I tried to keep my voice calm, "but she's False, nothing could hurt her". The others nodded in agreement but they looked doubtful.

"Anyway, we need to find Grian" I stated, "who would like to come with me?"

"Are you sure we need to?" Cleo said, matter of fact, "it's Grian, he'll be fine and we don't want to risk being seen". Even though it was Cleo, her harsh tone still surprised me. I felt a little downhearted at her dismissiveness.

"Cleo has a point" Cub shrugged, "he'll be fine". I opened my mouth to respond, but Pearl got there first.

"Hey, this Grian! Our friend!" She hissed, "we have no idea what Ren is capable of, we're not just going to let him fend for himself. We're a team".