Betrayal

Grian

"They were what now?" I spoke in a harsh tone.

"They were looking for Scar" Xisuma sounded confused, "What's so strange about that?"

I internally facepalmed. Was it not obvious?

"What reason would Tango and Scott be looking for Scar when none of them are particularly close?" I reminded him, "I'm just saying it's a little weird".
Xisuma's eyes widened.

"Are you saying... you don't really think..?" He trailed off.

"It's a possibility" I sighed, "I hope it's not the case though".

Oh Scar, I thought, maybe you did lie to me. I bit my lip, trying not to think about it too much.

"Well there's nothing we can do as of now" Xisuma sighed, "I don't know about you but I don't really want to accuse anyone".

"Agreed" I murmured, "let's sleep on it and figure it out in the morning".

Xisuma nodded in agreement. I turned around and walked off, my mind a whirl of thoughts. I found a bed and I quickly laid down. I shut my eyes trying to makes the thoughts quiet down.

Eventually sleep came for me, blissful yet scary at the same time.

My eyes opened. I took in my surroundings with wide eyes. The purplish black void could only mean one thing.

"Xelqua".

"ᔑ╎ᑑᔑ⨅" I responded with narrow eyes, "I had hoped you'd find something better to do than chase me across dimensions".

"No matter how far you run we will always find you" they responded, "it's your fault that all of your friends will submit to us".

"Why?" I whispered, "why do you care so much?"

"NO ONE defies me" ᔑ╎ᑑᔑ⨅ growled, "you will join us once again, and so will all your friends".

"You're a fool if you think they'd ever be able to be one of us" I replied.

A tall, distorted figure emerged out of the fog, a grin clear on its fractured face.

"But one of them already is" they hissed, "and he js more perfect than you ever were, more willing to do what he's told".

I felt fear consume me, choking me. This js what they meant when they said "we have someone, and he will not fail us".
They turned Etho into a Watcher.

"Etho is stronger than that" I tried to be positive, "he will fight through it". The figure gripped my chin tightly with a cold hand.

"You and I both know that isn't true" ᔑ╎ᑑᔑ⨅ smiled, "with your helpful dog friend his mind is near complete shattered, and with that his memories".

"What do you mean?" I gasped.

"Do not worry" their voice glitched out, "all will be how it should be".

The mind space started to flicker, which I knew meant I was waking up. I tried my best to fight so I could try and get more information out of ᔑ╎ᑑᔑ⨅.

But it was no use. I was pulled roughly out of my dream and into the waking world.

I sat up with a gasp. His eyes focused to see the terrified face of Xisuma.