Chapter Fifty-Four

Tessa

It was loud inside the club. The music was blaring, and strobe lights danced across the floor as Colin led us through the crowd. We were meeting Jason and Landon here, but finding them in this mess looked to be difficult.

"Jason said they're halfway between the DJ and the main bar," Charlotte shouted over the music.

I nodded, standing on my toes to look in that direction. I couldn't see anything. We all stayed close as Micah and Colin pushed through the crowd to find our missing friends.

Jason and Landon spotted us immediately as we broke through the writhing bodies on the dancefloor. J smiled widely at Charlotte, closing the distance between them as he ushered us to the small table they were flanking.

"Do you need new drinks?" Landon asked, nodding to the glasses we each held.

I held mine up, shaking my head. It was a miracle I didn't spill the whole thing shoving my way over here. As I took a sip of my vodka cranberry, I saw Landon's eyes flit to Leah. Something passed between the two before he looked away.

I turned my head to Leah, who gave me a tight smile that she tried to mask. I guess there's more to her fling than she's let on.

I make a mental note to ask her about it later when Colin grabs my arm suddenly, spinning me to face him. He smiled wide, holding me at arm's length. "You look incredible tonight, Tess."

"Of course I do. This amazing stylist I knew hooked me up today." I chuckled at his reply.

"You can say that again! No, seriously, say it again."

I laughed harder, pulling him in for a hug. "Happy birthday, bestie."

Colin returned my hug, telling me, "Thank you, Tess. I'm glad you're here."

As we separated, his eyes darted over my shoulder. His smile turned into a smirk. He leaned in just as I was about to ask what was going on. "I got you a little something," he said.

My head tilted, and Colin nodded to something behind me before I could question him.

When I spun around, I came face to face with Levi. He looked immaculate, like he had stepped out of the center of a men's fashion magazine. Colin obviously cleared his outfit for tonight too.

Wow.

Levi moved closer slowly, telling me with his eyes that he enjoyed the clothes I was wearing. His gaze seared my skin as he took his time wandering over my hips, my legs, and my chest. He swallowed hard, the movement making his Adam's apple bob deliciously.

"Tessa, you look amazing."

"So do you. I'm glad you're here," I told him honestly.

"Yeah?"

I nodded. "Yeah." My words came out quietly, but I knew he heard me when his face softened.

I'd been struggling to decide what to do about Levi since his appearance at my house all those weeks ago. His admission made me want to give him another chance, but my mind was still cautious.

Today, not getting to talk to him, not knowing if I'd see him during this trip- it sucked. It brought some terrifying facts to light. The biggest of which- I was still very much in love with him, and I wasn't ready to give up on us.