Ch-9

She looked back again and again with the hope to find the person who used to be her protector for the past month on these vacant roads at night but today he is not behind her leaving her all alone, and the best part is she couldn't complain about it, he was never hers and never will be, the calmness in her heart replaced with fear and worries, walking on the streets at night for girls is not safe at all, her heart started beating fast every time a vehicle and a man passed from her side, she clutched her handbag in a tight grip walking hastily towards the society, she didn't get a rickshaw at this hour, normally she used to come till seven, but because of bus strikes, she got late.

A sudden pull of her dupatta breaks her thoughts, she looked back in suspicion and comes face to face with him, her bitter past, he rolled her dupatta on his hand throttling her, she tried to stop him but couldn't able to, she freezes on her spot, the painful memory comes back in front of her eyes.

" bhut bhag liya begum, thodi baat mujhse bhi toh kro" his snarky voice echoed in her ears, he pulled the duppata tightly making her gasp.

" men kabse intzaar kar rha tha ki kab hath lagogi woh Ky hai an hath mein khujli ho rhi tho bhut dino se" he further added in her ears standing behind her leaving no space.

" kitni baar smjaya hai aurton ka ghr se bahar nikalna khatarnaak hota hai, ab dekho na"

" kiske saath so ke aa rhi hai itni der raat" he questioned coming face to face.

" tch...tuchhh...waise toh Tu bada bolti hai ab ye zubaan kha gyi" she starts shivering.

" waise yeh cehra itna saaf saaf acha nh lag rha hai" he commented slapping hard on her face few times, the intensity of the slaps makes her fall on the ground, and the blood start oozing from the corner of her lips.

She wanted to give back to him but her body stiffed, she couldn't able to move, the fear engulfed her heart.

He kicks on her stomach several times but no sound of help left from her mouth.

" ahhhhh" she groaned in pain.

" chup chup ek dum chup thodi si bhi awaz nh krni janam" he stated tieing a scarf on her mouth.

" this is for safety, tumhare ammi abbu uth jayenge na"

Siddharth who is coming back from the place of one of the relatives with his parents stopped the car seeing someone beating the shit out of.....and his world stopped recognising a lady on the ground, how couldn't he recognise her, she is all he thinks about the whole time.

He comes out of the car instantly matching towards him in sheer anger, grabbing him from the collars, he punched him on the face few times.

" shehnaaz come on stand up?? Are you alright??" he asked kneeling in front of her, she didn't answered.

" utho," he said taking her hand in his which she pulled back instantly, she stands up impatiently trying to gather her belongings in fear, the man ran away in the meantime.

" let me help you" Mishthi offered, she denied it.

Sidharth forcefully took her bag, and corrected her dupatta which she is trying from a few seconds.

" mishti help her, ghr leke jao aur dawai bhi laga dena, I am coming" she nodded.

Farah and Aftaab saw something different in their son's eyes which they don't want to see at all, his bloodshot eyes telling them stories which they never wanted to hear.

" abbu aap car leke chle mein dekh ke aata hu" he started.

" koi zarroorat nh hai sidharth, mein jaati hu, ye bag mujhe de do, laao"