Mattheo

The sound of Christmas music playing in the living room filled your ears. It was calmed you down as in the next room your whole family was raiding your kitchen. All the commotion and name calling made you step away silently into your bedroom.

You got up after you short minute break and walked back into the living room where everyone was now seated talking calmly now. You shook your head and went into the kitchen to see the damage.

Dinner plates were scattered around the dinner table and food covered your counter tops. How could they not keep the food in there containers. You sighed and started to clean the lose food.

You heard the familiar footsteps of your husband.

"Need any help" he said walking over to you

"Can you pick up the plates"

He nodded and walked over to the table and started stacking the plates.

"Next we'll do holidays at my parents house" you said now putting the food that was still in the containers in the fridge and getting out the desserts.

He walked over and set the plates in the sink

"At least your family isn't as bad as mine" he glanced at you and gave you a soft smile

" yeah I guess" you said as he handed you a drying towel.

He began washing the dishes.

After you put them all up you and him walked into the living room which was another disaster.

Your parents sat on the couch watching your cousins and your little brother play by the tree. Wrapping paper was thrown all over the room. Your aunt and uncle sat close by your parents enjoying the happy faces of their kids.

You sat on the floor as it was the only spot left. You and Mattheo really need to invest in getting more furniture but then it again it's just you two.

Mattheo sat beside you pulling you into his arms as you watched your little brother open his presents.

You smiled. Your first real smile of the night.