5. Ordo Moon

Hunter, Alona, and Omega filed out onto the smoggy moon, the setting immediately off-putting. They began walking in the direction the girls saw it run in. Omega kept to the left of Hunter while Alona kept to the right.

The moon had many holes, crevices, and shadows. The shadows often looked like they were moving, which obviously Omega had caught onto as well. Alona had caught the girl jumping even at her own shadow.

Hunter bent down and ran his finger through the common dirt-like substance that coated the entire moon. He rubbed his pointer finger and thumb together.

"What is he doing?" Omega whispered, holding the flashlight she had grabbed on the way out.

"He's tracking." Alona explained, though wore the same confused expression that Omega had. She too didn't understand how touching a leaf or running your fingers in dirt brought you to the conclusion that the target passed through.

Hunter stood back up and continued moving forwards. Omega moved to be right behind Alona and Hunter.

"I'm perfectly capable of doing this myself, you know." Alona smirked, talking in a low voice.

Hunter quietly laughed. "I know." He replied, looking at her from the corner of his eye.

"Then why'd you come?" Alona asked curiously. Hunter never did reply, he just continued walking.

"Hunter, could I learn to track like you?" Omega questioned. The adults had almost forgotten the girl was there.

"Well, it's an enhanced skill. Wrecker and Tech, we each have one." Hunter explained. Alona and Omega both noticed he hadn't mentioned Crosshair.

"And Crosshair," Omega added on. "You shouldn't be angry at him. He can't help it."

The three of them stepped over a mount, still coming up on nothing. No sight of the dragon.

Hunter sighed. "I'm angry at myself," he revealed. "We don't leave our own behind."

Alona's heart ached. We don't leave our own behind. She understood how he felt. They both left their brothers behind. Alona left Anakin behind. Maybe that was something he didn't need.

"Then we'll find a way to get him back...somehow." Omega said positively. Alona found herself smiling at the girl's determination. She wanted to bring Crosshair back so that Hunter would be happy.

A beeping is heard in the distance and they all stop. Hunter points the flashlight straight ahead. The capacitor was laying on the ground, the light flashing with the beat of the beep. "See it?" Hunter whispered just in case the dragon was still nearby. "Wait here. Both of you." He ordered, stepping down the small decline.

Alona and Omega stay crouched low to the ground. Hunter approaches the capacitor, reaching out to grab it when the dragon snarls, crawling on top of the rock nearby. It spots Hunter and pounces, knocking the sergeant to the ground. It picks up the capacitor and starts running.

"It's getting away!" Omega shouted.

Alona stood, starting off running but then went into full sprint as she chased after the dragon. She pulled out one of her lightsabers, holding the hilt in her hand. She didn't ignite it, just keeping it there for safe measures.

She didn't notice that Hunter wasn't following her.

The dragon went down into its burrow and Alona paused at the entrance. She shook her head, knowing that this wasn't a good idea. It was a stupid idea, actually. Hunter would kill her if she lived past the next few minutes.

A small blonde head's appearance nearly made Alona jump out of her skin. "Dank farrik, Omega. I'm going to attack bells to your ankles." She whisper-shouted.