36.Kicking People Is More Satisfying

"Good. Then we're all in agreement." Cid whispers to the huddled group of clones. Alona and Hunter caught the end of her sentence and raised inquisitive eyebrows. "Now, all we gotta do is convince those love birds."

    Alona crossed her arms behind her back, standing tall beside Hunter. "Convince us about what?" She asked with an innocent hum, pursing her lips at the group that had been taken by surprise at their appearance.

    Wrecker cringed, rubbing the back of his neck while he struggled for words. "Uhh, well, we took...we took a vote, and we wanna go after the war chest." That alone made the Force-User's heart drop, staring at the group incredulously.

    "It's unanimous. Even Killjoy over here agreed." Cid said, nodding to Echo, who's eyes widened at the nickname, his back straightening.

    Hunter frowned, specifically at Cid, but then made sure everyone else knew he was upset too. "Serenno is Imperial occupied. Need I remind you what they did to Alona?" He stopped and gestured to Alona, standing with a metal hand hidden under a glove, and exhausted eyes. "We've stayed off the Empire's radar since Kamino. Why in the world would we chance it now?"

    "Because the contents of just one of those containers would be worth more than all the jobs you pulled for me combined." Cid exclaimed, waving the data card around expressively. "You can buy your freedom."

    Alona's eyes vaguely softened, glancing over at the blonde headed girl who was studying hard on Tech's spare datapad. He had set up an entire curriculum for her based on what they did as a job. She was learning how to identify all ships in the Imperial fleet, weaknesses, etcetera.

    Hunter shook his head, that tight expression on his face never fading. "We're already free."

    Cid scoffed, crossing her arms over her chest. "It's cute you think that. Clearly, you're not paying attention to what's happening out there, but I am. It's only a matter of time before the Empire comes here." That makes Alona squirm. "And then my little operation is over, which means no more jobs for you."

    Alona closes her eyes for a second, letting out a conflicted sigh before turning her head to Tech.

    "She does have a valid point." At Tech's words, Alona saw Hunter's face beginning to slowly ease up. If Tech saw this to not be as risky as his bandana-wearing brother, then maybe Hunter should consider following along on this mission too. The only thing holding him back from agreeing was his concern for Alona.

    "You wanna really be free? Then pull off this heist and you'll have the means to disappear. No more risky missions. No more living hand to mouth. You can have a future. Isn't that what you're after?" Cid continued, gesturing to the kid. Hunter and Alona both glanced over at the girl, the same smile on both of their faces, just by merely watching her study.

    Maker, they were willing to do anything for this kid, weren't they?

    Alona dropped her head, muttering a curse before looking Cid in the eyes. "Fine, but I reserve the right to punch you if this all goes wrong."

    "The Sith control everything, you just don't know it."

    Alona sighed, running her hand over her face. This was a bad idea. Dooku both sickened and angered Alona to just about the very limits of her considerable self-control. She was headed to his home planet to raid his war chest, which was without doubt guarded by a bunch of troopers. This idea was going to go so very wrong.o

    The Gray Jedi watched Hunter tap and drag things across the screen of the navigation systems table, feeling slightly calmer just by having him around her. One of his hands tapped a soothing beat on the console and Alona began breathing along with that rhythm, desperate to pull her head out of the past. Into a more positive mindset.