51.Mutilated Appendages

Posting another chapter today in honor of 27,000 reads!! This story idea came to me while I was in shower a few months ago and I can't believe so many people have actually said that they enjoy it?!? So thank you all so much for reading<3
-Annika

Edit: Changed the ending slightly:)

Alona was the last one to get to the garage, and judging by the faces of everyone else in the room, Omega and Riyo had already filled them in on what happened.

    "Palpatine was one step ahead of us during the war, and he's still several steps ahead of us. We played right into his hands." Rex sighed, his brows furrowed in frustration.

    "I don't understand. We did the right thing. We told the truth." Omega said in confusion, looking up at Hunter for answers.

    "And he twisted it to his advantage." Hunter replied, resting his hand on Alona's back. He ran his fingers up and down her spine gently.

    "The Emperor wanted us to implicate Rampart to get what he was after all along. Senate approval for his stormtrooper program." Rex continued, pacing in front of the line of people.

    "The fate of all the clones is now sealed, because of us. What's gonna happen to them?" Echo asked, his face bearing a sad expression.

    Alona ran her shaky hands over her face, trying not to break down in front of everyone. So much just happened at once, it was hard to process.

    Riyo dropped her head. "I don't know." She sighed. "But I will keep fighting for the clones. You all deserve the same rights as every citizen." Riyo expressed, kneeling down in front of Omega. "I won't give up."

    "If you need anything, Rex, just say the word." Hunter concluded, glancing over at Riyo. "Senator." He nodded goodbye.

    Echo stepped in front of the group, taking a deep breath as he looked each person in the face.

    Hunter stepped up to him and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Wherever you end up, remember what I said."

    So he decided to leave. Alona smiled softly, giving him another reassuring nod. She was glad he listened to his heart.

    "Don't get into trouble without us." Wrecker chuckled, patting Echo's back.

    "Without us?" Omega asked with a worried expression.

    "Best of luck, Echo." Tech nodded to him.

    Omega frowned. "Luck with what?" She questioned. Her shaky voice, the sadness in her eyes, was enough to break Alona's heart.

    Echo sighed. "I'm going with Rex. The clones will need our help now more than ever. I can't turn my back on them." He explained, stepping closer to the young blonde.

    Omega shook her head. "You– You can't leave. We're–we're a squad." She protested, her voice shaky.

    Alona and Hunter exchanged sad glances, realizing this was going to be really hard on Omega.

    Echo knelt down in front of her. "Omega, this is something I have to do. I'm going where I'm needed."

    Omega dropped her head. "But we need you too."

    Echo set his helmet down and placed a hand on her shoulder. "It's not forever. I'll be back. Keep up your training while I'm gone. Understood?" His question was answered by Omega throwing her arms around him in a tight hug, tears streaming down her cheeks. Echo placed his hand on her back, allowing her to stay there as long as she needed.