43.Sleep and Axis

Alona wiped the blood off of her face, forcing herself off of the ground despite every muscle, bone, and midi-chlorian in her body screaming for her to collapse into darkness. She watched her family, and Phee, emerge from the weapon unscathed, their eyes immediately falling upon Alona.

    "Damn. She's a kriffin' Jedi." Phee stammered, brushing dust off of her shirt.

    Alona sighs and drops her head, turning on her heels and beginning the short walk back to the Marauder. Her entire body throbbed, the exhaustion causing physical pain for her at this point. But was she going to be able to sleep? She was afraid to find out.

    Hunter ran ahead of the others, catching up to Alona. He placed his teal gloved hand on her back, rubbing it soothingly. Obviously his senses had picked up on her discomfort, and he was prepared to help her ease up in any way possible.

    "This puts us at 0 for 2 in treasure hunting, even with a professional." Tech chimes from behind the couple. The others were catching up, due to Alona's sluggish steps. She was unable to hide her lack of energy.

    "We did find the Heart of the Mountain. The legend was real." Omega says on a lighter note, keeping that pep in her step.

    "Now that's the right attitude." Phee chirps, her smile heard in her voice.

    "At least no one can ever activate that thing again." Hunter admits, removing his helmet and holding it against one side, pulling Alona into his other. She wanted to push away, to tell him that she had the strength to walk by herself, but his touch was comforting. So instead of fleeing, she sunk further into him as they walked, not caring if the others saw their affection.

    "So, what you're saying is, it's a good thing we came after all?" Phee said smugly, crossing her arms over her chest.

    "Sorry about Mel." Omega chimed, mentioning Phee's droid's demise.

    "This happens all the time. That's why I keep Mel's memory stored on my ship's data bank. I'll have her rebuilt before we head to Vadnay." Phee replies, cutting to the front of the group with Omega.

    The blonde looks up at her. "What's on Vadnay?" Omega asked curiously.

    Alona sighed, walking with her eyes closed. She typically was all for doing anything to make Omega happy, but these missions were tiring. Alona wasn't sure she would be able to function properly if they went on another treasure hunt.

    "I have a lead on a certain chalice. Very ancient. Legend has it the chalice once belonged to the Kingdom of Elweys, lost over a millenia ago." Phee explains, waving her hands around expressively as they boarded the Marauder.

    Omega gasps. "Wow. Kingdom of Elweys."

    Tech and Echo hopped into the pilot seats, running through the usual routine before pulling off of the ground, rising further up towards the stratosphere.

    Alona glanced at the empty floor space by the wall, deeming it the perfect place to sit. She removed herself from Hunter's side, walking over to that space and sliding her back down the wall, pulling her legs into her chest. At this point, anything that didn't involve standing was like heaven to her.

    Phee and Omega sat at the navigational section, talking more about this ancient artifact from the Kingdom of Elweys.

    Hunter watched Alona's head bob up and down, watching how hard she fought against sleep. He waited until Tech had punched in the coordinates for Ord Mantell, blasting the Marauder into hyperspace, before making his way over to his exhausted girlfriend.