68.Plan 99

Alona enjoyed the breeze that hit her face, inhaling deeply to relish in what she could assume to be some of her last calming moments for at least the next two hours.

    "Halfway there." Echo reported, looking at the building that was rapidly approaching.

    Wrecker chuckled. "This isn't so bad." But then he looked down, not even able to see the ground due to the overwhelming amount of clouds. He groans. "Never mind." Wrecker muttered.

    About a minute later the rail car was screeching to a loud halt inside of the compound. They had made it inside the hanger bay, so far unnoticed.

    "Which ship is Hemlock's?" Omega asked in a whisper, crouched down behind a supply crate with the rest of the squad.

    Alona squinted, scanning all of the identical ships. "Yeah, no clue." She replied.

The Gray Jedi then furrowed her brows, sensing something–someone familiar inside of the compound. It would appear that the Bad Batch were not the only ones currently infiltrating Tarkin's compound.

    "We need to access the hangar manifest from the control room." Echo chimed.

    "Tech, Echo, with me. You three, plant the homing beacon." Hunter orders, getting up from his crouched position.

    Alona grabs his hand to hold him back for a second. "Watch out for Saw Gerrera. I'm not sure what his intentions are, but he's definitely not here for tea time with Tarkin."

    Hunter glanced down at his girlfriend. "Gererra's here?" He said in disbelief.

    Alona nodded. "Be careful. All of you." She said sternly, looking at Tech, Echo, and Hunter. They all nodded in response, running off to the control room.

    Wrecker, Omega, and Alona started sneaking closer to the shuttles, preparing for when Tech contacts them. Alona was slightly frustrated with herself, starting to feel out of breath so early in the mission. And she couldn't help but notice the way Wrecker seemed to be inching closer to her, as if he were acting as a shield for her if any combat were to occur.

    She forced herself to take deep breaths, tapping into the Force to ask for a little more energy to help her replenish her focus and her abilities.

    Alona hadn't realized how long she had been doing that subtle meditation for until Tech's voice rang through the comm. "Found it. Hemlock's shuttle is at docking lane four."

    "Copy that." Omega whispers.

    Alona sets her eyes on the ship, watching a group of stormtroopers pass by. A few more were pushing around a thing of supplies on a hovercart. "It's too exposed." She observed.

    "How are we supposed to get to it?" Omega asked, lowering her binocs.

    Wrecker examined the open floor. "There's not enough cover for me or Alona, but there is for you. You think you can handle it?" He asked, glancing at his blonde sister.

Alona studied Omega's expression carefully, only seeing confidence in her.

"Not a problem." She replied with a smirk, straightening her posture.

Wrecker hummed proudly. "Good. Here, take the beacon." He hands Omega the device.

Alona nearly falls sideways from being crouched down for so long. She adjusts her footing, placing a hand on her stomach and giving Omega a proud smile. "Wrecker and I will keep an eye out."

Omega replies with a simple nod, immediately taking off to plant the beacon on Hemlock's ship.

Wrecker gently nudges his elbow against Alona's, making a small grunt in the process. "What do you have against Gerrera?" He asked, helmet turning slightly to look down at the Gray Jedi.