58.Nosebleeds

If Hunter had a kid, what would he name them?🤔

It had been a while since the squad spoke to Cid. Three weeks, to be exact. They had been floating around in space for 21 days, having only gone down to a planet twice for short supply runs.

    This was the first time Cid actually put in the effort to contact her Top Team. And she doesn't seem like she'll be apologizing for leaving them stranded.

    "Not sure what's got you all twisted up in knots." The trandoshan shrugged, acting like what she did, or lack thereof, was not a big deal.

    Omega raised an eyebrow, crossing her arms over her chest just like Alona and Hunter were doing behind her. "We were stranded on that planet, Cid. We needed you, and you left us." She said in a strangely calm manner. Her face showed pure annoyance, however.

    "You're fine now, aren't you? And you got your ship back."

    "Yeah, with no help from you." Wrecker scoffed, leaning back in the copilot seat.

    "Do you wanna mope or make money? Because I got a tip on a downed ship, which means cargo ripe for the taking. I'll even give you 30% of the cut."

    Alona chuckled, dropping her head and shaking it in disbelief.

    "That is our standard percentage." Tech chimes, giving Cid an unamused look.

This mudscuffer doesn't even remember what percentage of the payment she was giving them.

    "All right. This one time, let's say 35%." Cid rolled her eyes, holding up a finger. Everyone looked to Hunter, who just stared at her with a stone cold expression. "Okay. 40." Hunter doesn't budge. "Fine, 50% as a token of my goodwill, that you seem to have forgotten. I'm sending you the intel now. Don't come back unless you scavenge something valuable."

    Hunter raised an eyebrow. "What makes you think we'd come back at all?" He retorted. Alona looked up at him with her lips puckered into an o.

    "Don't test me, Bandana. Just get it done." Cid snapped, hanging up the transmission.

    Alona blinked, staring at the empty space that Cid was just standing in. As much as she would like to leave Cid for good, there were a few things that could be troublesome. Alona and her abilities, for starters.

    Tech was in the same boat, glancing up at Hunter from the pilot seat. "Severing ties with Cid could be problematic, considering what she knows about us. Perhaps we choose a diplomatic solution and complete this one last mission for her." He suggested.

    Alona looked at the intel that had just been sent by Cid, not even surprised by the vague info.

She handed the device to Hunter, who rolled his eyes after seeing the brief intel. "Cid only sent coordinates. No ship transponder code or indication of what caused it to crash." He told Tech.

    "Limited intel, huh? There's a surprise." Wrecker said sarcastically.

    Omega shrugged. "How hard could scavenging cargo be?"

    Hunter dropped his head and sighed. "Fine. One more mission." And then he looked at Alona, eyes going to her nose. "Your nose is about to start bleeding."

    Alona frowned and smiled. "What? No it's not, I don't get nose-" She felt a warm liquid trail down out of her left nostril. She quickly cuffed her right hand onto her cupid's bow, catching the blood instead of letting it fall onto the floor. "What the kriff–did you just hex me?"