6.Bounty Hunters

"Idaflor, that's where we'll go." Hunter decided, pointing to a secluded planet that had never been touched by either side of the war. There was an obvious reason for that.

    "But Idaflor's not even inhabited." Wrecker complained, leaning against the back of Omega's chair. Alona, Hunter, and Tech were gathered at the screen too.

    "That's why it's perfect. We can hide out there easier than an inhabited planet." Alona explained. But Omega didn't seem to like the idea.

    "Hide? But I've been stuck on Kamino my whole life. Can't we explore?" Omega asked, saddened by the idea she couldn't go around and get to experience every planet in the galaxy. Alona understood the girl's yearning for exploring. She would get to do it one day.

    "Not right now. We have to wait for things to settle down." Hunter said softly, leaning against the console.

    "Well, we won't be doing either. We don't have enough fuel, and we are also entirely out of rations. Without the Republic to provide us supplies, we'll have to acquire these necessities on our own." Tech chimed in.

    "Well, we have a bigger problem. Comm chatter has our ship's signature on a wanted list." Echo said, walking over to the group.

    Tech shrugged.  "So we scramble it." He said it like it was the most obvious answer.

    "You can do that?" Wrecker asked in pure confusion. What about all the other times their signature was being tracked? Was it not an option then?

    "Of course I can do it. But I need to land in order to perform those modifications. By my calculations, the closest planet is..." He leaned closer to the screen. "Pantora."

    "Well, Pantora it is." Hunter announced.

    Alona walked out of the Marauder last once they reached Pantora. She stopped for a second to pull her cloak on and adjust her hood.

    "Why do Tech and I have to do the repairs while you guys go sightseeing?" Wrecker complained, placing their last explosive in the box to sell for credits.

    Omega's interest peaked. "Sightseeing?" She asked.

    Hunter waved his hand. "No, no. This is a supply run. In and out, quickly and quietly." He said sternly. He pointed that last word at Wrecker, who was the exact opposite of quiet.

    "Yeah. And you stick out too much." Echo chimed in.

    "Oh, and you don't?" Wrecker accused, flailing his arms around in frustration.

    "Not dressed like this." Echo said smugly, putting on a helmet that made him look like a droid.

    "Alona's staying too." Hunter corrected, turning to the hooded woman. She was not made aware of this until now.

    "I beg your pardon?" Alona questioned, pulling her hood down. The sun nearly blinds her after being used to the dark moon and the dim ship.

    "Your face is more than likely plastered all over this planet, pinning you as number one on the wanted list. It isn't safe." Hunter replied, his expression was dead serious. He grabbed her hood and put it back over her head in a not so gentle way. "Keep your hood on and don't stray from the docking bay." He ordered. "Let's get going." He then said to Echo and Omega.

    Alona was left grumbling as she sat down on the ramp of the Marauder. She placed her hand on her chin as she stared at the ground. Alona knew Hunter was right, and she really didn't like it. She definitely was number one for bounty hunters. No doubt that the price put on her would be worth twenty times more than her life.