Epilogue

Three weeks later

"Okay, settle down or your servings go to the moon-yos." Alona laughed, talking loudly over Omega and Wrecker's shouts and screams.

The duo had been running circles in the living room, playing a game that Hunter had strictly permitted for only outdoors.

Alona turned around to grab the cups from the cupboard, pausing when she heard the front door open. Nobody called out, so she knew it had to be Crosshair sneaking his way in.

And as assumed, the marksman takes a seat at the kitchen island, raising an eyebrow at the two clones that had collapsed onto the couch while panting.

"How's it going, Cross?" Alona asked, pulling the cups out and stacking them all up into a tower.

Crosshair pulled out a toothpick and placed it between his lips. "I was gone for eleven months and during that time two of my brothers got girlfriends, one of which just had a baby."

Alona chuckled but then turned to the clone with a confused frown. "Wait, two? Tech finally-"

"I passed them on the way here. Those di'kuts are holding hands." Crosshair said with a grimace, though Alona could tell he was secretly happy that another one of his brothers found someone that made them happy.

As if on cue, there's a knock on the door and then Tech's voice calls out as he enters. Phee comes in behind him, carrying a plate of some fresh fruit to serve with the dinner.

"It smells like a baby in here." Phee observes, smelling the air. She hands the dish of fruit to Tech, who wordlessly takes it outside to place on the large patio table.

Alona picked the cups back up, nodding. "Yeah, Hunter spilled an entire bottle of baby powder this morning." She replied, carrying the cups out and placing one at each spot. Omega had already set out the plates and silverware before Wrecker arrived.

Then she wandered back inside, heading down the hall to the nursery in search of her husband and daughter, the two of them having left an hour ago to get changed and never returned.

She leaned her ear up against the closed door first, listening for any talking. There was silence, so Alona cracked open the door and stepped inside.

The overhead light was off, the nursery only lit up by the lamp in the far right corner of the room. Alona completely melted, finding Hunter fast asleep with Scout snuggled into his chest, her head turned to listen to his heartbeat.

Alona smiled softly, approaching him and bending down, planting a trail of kisses starting from Hunter's neck up to the corner of his lips. "Hey, love. It's time for dinner." She whispered, pulling away when she saw the baby stir.

Hunter lifted his head, smiling at his wife and connecting his lips with hers. "Didn't mean to fall asleep. Scout was just really cuddly."

Alona chuckled, picking up her daughter, arms cradling her snugly. "Reminds me of someone." She smirked. Hunter grabbed Scout's blanket, tucking it between Alona's arms to keep the baby warm while outside.

The couple exit the nursery together, finding their other family already moving all the food outside to the patio table.

"Hey, there's Miss Scout." Wrecker said gently, practically tiptoeing over to place a hand on the baby's soft brown hair. "She's gonna be super strong like her uncle Wrecker, ain't that right?" He grinned.

There was another knock on the door, but this one was unexpected. Alona carefully handed Scout back to Hunter, who sat down in his seat, turning his daughter onto her stomach and patting her back gently.

Alona made it to the front door, clearing her throat before opening it, only to find a very familiar face. "Echo?" She said in shock, meeting his smiling gaze.

"Got room for one more?" Echo asked, holding his scomp out, waiting for Alona to finish their odd greeting.

The Gray Jedi blinked, coming out of her shocked state and clanking her metal hand with his. "For you? Always." She nods, opening the door the rest of the way to let him into her home. "This way." She says, leading him through the house and out to the patio.

Everyone was busy talking, joking around and pouring drinks. "We've got a surprise guest." Alona chimed, pulling another chair to the table so that the ARC trooper could sit between Tech and Omega.

"Oh, I didn't know we were expecting you, Echo." Tech says with a soft smile, scooting his chair closer to Phee to give Echo more room.

"Echo!" Omega shouted, jumping out of her chair and running into the clone. She wraps her arms around his torso. "Come on, you gotta see Scout!" She exclaims, pulling away while grabbing his hand, dragging him over to Hunter's seat.

Echo freezes in shock, seeing the tiny human for the first time ever. "Well, good grief." He muttered, eyes widening. "Hello there, Scout." The three week old was too young to respond, but she did squirm a little in Hunter's arms.

"You sound like a grandpa." Wrecker teases, slapping Echo's shoulder before turning back to the food. "I'm starving! Let's dig in."

And as the family of nine gathered around the table, many stories and jokes were told. Echo and Alona told a few stories about the early days of the clone wars, their downtime with Fives and messing with the Generals. Phee talked about her pirating journeys.

Scout was passed around the table, everyone each having a turn to hold the newborn.

Alona hooked her hand with Hunter's, looking around gratefully at the family she was surrounded with. Turns out the great war she fought for years ended up being worth it. From being a slave to a soldier fighting battle droids, a Sith, and stormtroopers and then now to a mother, wife, and a sister in law while settling down in paradise.

And she couldn't be happier.

And that's the end!!!

Thank y'all so much for all the support for the last four months (110 days to be specific) I spent writing and posting this I can't believe how many people actually stuck around for 72 chapters??

Watch out for my next fanfic! Tech! The main character is Malaina, she goes by Fifth Sister (for like two chapters) at the start because she was an early product from Project Harvester (She's an Inquisitor if y'all aren't familiar with the code name)

Lastly, if y'all wanted to know, this fanfic is 160,238 words long!!

-Annika❤️❤️