26.CC-5576

The Marauder was the most peaceful while traveling through hyperspace. It gave everyone the time to relax after putting their bodies through so much on a mission.

Omega and Alona were sitting on the floor, coloring with the art box Wrecker had made for the kid. Alona was drawing trees and flowers while Omega tried the best she could to draw the squad. She definitely had talent, because Alona's looks like it was drawn by a child, while Omega's looks like a professional artist's job.

Hunter was flipping and spinning his knife around with his fingers, and when Omega caught onto that she tried to spin her pencil the same way.

The console beeps from the cockpit. "We're being hailed. It's...Rex." Echo said in shock. Hunter slid his knife back into its place and stood up, helping the girls to their feet before walking into the cockpit.

Alona leaned against the doorway, watching Echo flip the switch. A hologram of Rex with a hood over his head appears. "What's up?" She asked the captain.

"Sorry to cut right to it, but I could use your guys' help." Rex said anxiously, looking over his shoulder like he was going to be sniped down.

Hunter straightened his back and crossed his arms. "What do you need, Captain?"

"I received a distress signal from a clone trooper, but I'm a bit tied up at the moment to retrieve him."

Alona nodded slowly, already knowing what they were about to be asked. She would do it without questioning, Rex would only reach out for help if this was really important.

Hunter stroked his vaguely stubbled face. "You want us to recover a reg?" He asked like he was slightly disappointed.

"He's an old friend, and he's in trouble. I need you to get him out." Rex explained. Alona bit her lip, exchanging looks with the other people in the Marauder.

Hunter eyed him wearily. "Out of what exactly?"

Rex's demeanor changes and he looks around in a panic. Alona's eyes narrowed while she wondered what was going on at his end. "Can't talk right now. Sending you his signal. I'll be in touch." He said quickly, the hologram fading away.

Alona stood there dumbfounded, worry building in her gut for Rex.

"What was that about?" Wrecker asked confusingly.

Tech pulled up the signal that had just been sent by Rex. "The distress signal sent by CC-5576 is originating from Daro-"

Alona grinned. "Gregor. He's alive." She blurts, excited to reunite with her fellow 212th member.

"It would seem so. Daro is a terrestrial planet in the Outer Rim with no known settlements or installations." Tech continued.

Hunter dropped his arms at his sides. "What's he doing all the way out there?"

"Well, does it matter?" Echo asked quickly.

Hunter sighed, staring at the unused hologram table. "We've gone on missions before without much intel. But this would be stretching it." He said wearily.

Alona placed a hand on his shoulder. "Look, I know Gregor. I grew up working with him. If he needs help, then I want to be there for him. He would do the same for me." She pressed, watching Hunter squirm.

"Rex wouldn't ask us for help if it wasn't urgent." Echo added on. So the two people with the closest relationship with the Captain were in agreement.

"Echo and Alona's got a point." Wrecker chimes, nodding his head.

Tech held up his finger. "May I remind you that we are in the middle of a job for Cid. If we deviate, we will not be compensated. No money means no food."