-CHAPTER 16-

-16-

When Aki and Y/N came home, Y/N got scolded by Aki. But Aki left her alone as Y/N promised she wouldn't do such a thing. When they got home, they had eaten snacks after dinner. Even though Aki opened a movie, Y/N fell asleep because she was tired, while Power kept yelling at Aki because she thought the movie was ridiculous.

Still, Aki somehow managed to watch the movie. Y/N, on the other hand, didn't wake up because she was tired no matter how loud Power was screaming. Denji had come home late and Aki was reading a book on the balcony, smoking a cigarette. Power and Y/N were still asleep.

1 day later.

A day passed and everyone was back to work. Y/N had to follow Aki again and was following them without doing anything, no matter how tired she was.

"That's your third one. Haven't you had enough? Hurry it up. We need to get back our patrol." Aki said, Angel kept eating his ice cream.

"Eating ice cream tired me out...I don't wanna work anymore today." Angel said, Aki glared at him.

"Now that we know the gun devils location, there'll be an expedition. To join it, i need more big devil kills on my record. That's why i want to look harder for devils. You're my buddy now, work with me here." Aki said, Angel contuined eating his ice cream.

"I dunnoo...How about i think about it after i eat one more ice cream?" Angel said. Aki put his feet on the chair where Angel was sitting and looked at Angel with a serious expression.

"Get up. If i tell the higher-ups you're useless, you'll be killed as a Devil. Do you want that?" Aki said. Angel looked up at his face and sighed.

"mm...I guess I'd rather die than work..." Angel said. Y/N approached Angel and was about to touch his hand, Angel pulled back and looked at Y/N confused.

"Get her aw-" Y/N was about to touch Angel again, Angel had to push her with his wings and stood up.

"Okay, im coming." Angel said.

====================================

"I'VE DEALT WITH THE DEVIL! PLEASE AVOID TOUCHING ITS BLOOD OR FLESH!" Aki yelled and looked at the people. Y/N just watched the two of them, Angel walked over to the Devil and sat on his knees.

"Wow...looks delicious..." Angel said, then looked up at Aki's face.

"Hey, human. C'mere for a sec. I think it's a civilian Devil hunter. Looks like they got eaten by this devil. No bottom half, they're gonna die." Angel said and watched the man for a while. Aki got closer to them:

"Your power can kill them painlessly, right? Put them out of their misery." Aki said. Aki sighed and shook his head;

"Huh? No way. I'm devil first, angel second. I think humans ought to die in pain." Angel said. Aki glared at Angel, then approached the man, stabbed him in the head with a katana and killed him.

"I can't even pretend to get along with you." Aki said, Angel averted his gaze.

"I guess not..." Angel said. Y/N walked away from both of them and looked around, other officers would take care of this Devil's dead body. Y/N looked around and the streets were pretty crowded, but she felt like something bad was going to happen. Denji's Devil was quite important, anyone could attack them at any moment. But for some reason, the first person they targeted was Y/N. Maybe they were attacking her because she was still a child and weak.

"Why isn't Y/N going to school?" Angel said and followed after Aki, Aki looked at his face confused. Angel sighed:

"Well, i mean, I don't think she needs to follow you all the time..." Angel said, Aki shook his head.

"Her Devil is strong, she just doesn't know how to use it, she's just a kid. She's in danger just like Denji, just because she can't use her Devil, people think she's weak, except for the Devils." Aki said. Makes sense. Angel thought and kept following Aki.

Y/N knew she couldn't use her Devil well but she didn't care, she didn't care as long as she knew her Devil was still with her, that he was safe, and she was trying to protect him as best she could, even if she still considered him a cat. Her Devil's true Form was probably much stronger than his current form, Y/N's Devil allowing Y/N to use his strength, possibly as long as Y/N's body could withstand. If she used all of the Devil's strength, her body might not be able to handle it.

-----------

4 hours later.

It was already evening, it was dark. Y/N, Angel, and Y/N were still outside and Y/N felt like she was going to die of exhaustion. All three of them had to wait under a building as it started to rain. Y/N wanted to stand in the rain because she loved the rain, but the last time she did that, she was sick so Aki didn't let her.

"The country mouse gets to live in safety, but doesn't get to eat delicious food like they have in the city. The town mouse gets to eat delicious food, but runs a higher risk of getting killed by humans or cats." Angel said, Aki contuined listening to him while Y/N watched them confused.

"I'd rather be the country mouse. But Makima caught me and brought me to the city. My heart's in the country. I'll pass on the dangers of associating with a city boy like you." Angel said then averted his gaze.

"What am i?" Y/N said and looked up at Angel's face, Angel shrugged.

"You're the cat." Angel said. He hates me. Y/N thought and walked away. Aki glared at him, Angel looked back at him confused. They both continued to talk, Y/N sat on the ground and watched the rain. It was cold, but since no one took a jacket with them, all three of them were cold.

While they were talking, Y/N started to think. Y/N was wondering why she wasn't upset when her parents died, she didn't even care. Maybe it's because she didn't get along well with them at all. Y/N and her family didn't fight, but her parents rarely paid any attention to her, and she didn't go to school anyway because she was working. She owed rent when they died, and someone tried to kill her because of the debt, and her cat died because of them.

In fact, she couldn't pay her rent because her boss didn't give her any money, so that was his fault. Y/N swore to destroy that cafe even if she promised Aki.

1158 words.