-CHAPTER 27-

-27-

A day had passed and yesterday was quite normal. Today, Aki left the house early without telling the reason.

Flash

"Hey, where are you going!!" Denji yelled, but Aki didn't answer. Y/N had just woken up, walked slowly to the door and looked at Aki. Aki looked at Y/N and fixed her messy hair and pointed to the kitchen.

"I put the meat there. We will eat the fish tonight, don't eat the fish now. Maybe we'll have a snowball fight after dinner." Aki said. Y/N yawned and nodded, Denji pointed at Y/N.

"Tell that to her, not me!" Denji yelled. Aki took a deep breath as he walked away. Denji closed the door and looked at Y/N.

"You heard him. Tell that little belly to be full for once." Denji said and laughed, Y/N laughed and nodded. Y/N wasn't busy tonight so she was staying at home today, Denji and Power too.

"You heard him, he said snowball fight. I'm not going to eat it!"

FLASHBACK END.

"You really didn't eat the fish." Denji said. Y/N nodded.

"He said, we will eat it tonight. And it's been 2 hours!" Y/N said. Denji rolled his eyes as he kept watching the TV. Y/N stood up and jumped into Denji's couch. Denji stood still, trying to watch the TV, but Y/N was jumping on the couch. Denji slowly turned his head and looked at Y/N, while Y/N was sitting watching TV. But every time Denji turned his back, Y/N kept jumping, and Denji finally couldn't stand it and quickly turned around and looked at Y/N.

"Stop moving!!" Denji yelled. Y/N watched Denji for a while and didn't answer. Denji sighed and started tickling Y/N as Y/N threw herself to the ground laughing. As they continued to laugh, someone suddenly started knocking on the door. The person knocking on the door was knocking very loudly and fast, Y/N and Denji stopped laughing and looked at the door. Denji stood up and sighed as he started walking towards the door.

"Finally, he's back." Denji said. Y/N quickly stood up happily, the home was pretty boring without Aki. Denji was about to open the door, but suddenly he stopped and the phone started ringing.

"What's going on? I'm trying to sleep..." Power said as she started walking towards Denji, Y/N shrugged.

"Oh the phone...gotta answer the phone." Denji said as he started walking towards the phone. Y/N watched the door for a while, something was off.

"The doors bell's is ringing! Aren't you going to answer the door?" Power said. Y/N got up as she slowly walked towards the door, she was about to open it but she didn't.

"Yeah i know...Gimme a minute, don't open the door." Denji said. Y/N moved backwards then looked at Denji.

"Why not...?" Power said, watched Denji confused.

"Ms.Makima..." Denji said. Makima? Y/N thought.

"Have you seen the news?" Makima said.

"No...We just turned on the TV and we were watching cartoons." Denji said then looked at Y/N.

"I'll give you the short version. The gun devil appeared without warning. We failed to defeat it. It took over a dead body and got away. That gun fiend is now ringing your dool bell." Makima said. Y/N took a deep breath. At least it's not Aki... Y/N thought.

"Ha ha...Come on that's not funny...Why would the gun show up at my front door?! Ms.Makima...?" Denji said as he laughed slightly. Y/N looked at the door again. Where's Aki? Y/N thought.

"W-well...Hey, you can count on me! Lucky he came to us instead of the other way around, huh? Saves on travel fare!" Denji said.

"Denji. This time, don't think about anything while you fight." Makima said as Denji closed the phone.

"Hey!! Why can't we open the door?" Power said. Y/N agreed with her.

"Where's Aki? Is he coming too?" Y/N said, Denji shrugged.

"Oh right uh...Makima says...It's a gun fiend at our door...i guess?" Denji said.

"What? You're talking nonsense." Power said.

"No, really...Makima said so..." Denji said.

"You are such a fool! Tipknot still hasn't come home, remember! He's the one ringing on the doorbell!" Power yelled then looked at the door.

"Hey, that's you, right Aki!?" Power yelled. The person who had been knocking on the door suddenly stopped knocking. Y/N took a deep breath. That's Aki! She thought.

"Power. Take meowy and Y/N and leave from the balcony..." Denji said. Power looked at his face confused.

"What? Why-"

"Power." Denji said. Power watched Denji for a while then picked meowy up, then looked at Y/N.

"Come on, we are leaving." Power said. But it's Aki's scent... Y/N thought. Power and Y/N came out of the balcony and closed the balcony door. Power helped Y/N jump off the balcony and they both started walking.

"I'm pretty sure it's Aki, what's happening...?" Y/N said, Power shrugged.

"He's a weirdo." Power said, Y/N giggled. As they kept walking, they suddenly heard a loud noise. Their house exploded.

"No! My apartment!" Power yelled as she looked up at the balcony.

"Ah! Denji!" Power yelled and looked at Denji, he was laying on the ground, bleeding, his organs are out.

"POWER!! HIDE!! IT WAS A GUN FIEND AFTER ALL! I'LL TAKE CARE OF HIM!" Denji yelled.

"Gun fiend...? But that's not possible!! Cuz...it was Aki's scent in the entranceway..." Power said.

"Don't lie to me right now..." Denji said and looked at her face shocked. Y/N stared open-mouthed at Denji, then at balcony. This was not real. Y/N saw someone coming from above towards them and didn't even move. Denji had transformed, and Power grabbed Y/N's arm and fell to the ground, while Denji stood on top of them, blocking the fiend. They were all thrown away by the impact of the attack and Power quickly stood up, grabbing Y/N.

"Are you there!?" Power yelled as she shook Y/N, Y/N kept watching Aki.

"AKI DON'T!!!" Denji yelled, but it was too late. Aki shot the mother and child standing in front of him. His attacks were very powerful, destroying a street in a single hit. Aki was attacking everyone he saw. Denji was trying to stop him, but Aki was so strong, he almost destroyed everything. Everyone Denji tried to protect was dying. Power was watching them in shock, while Y/N was watching them without saying anything, trying to believe that the person Denji was fighting right now was Aki. This was not real. Y/N was having a nightmare right now and she was going to wake up soon...or not?

Perhaps one of them would soon fall into an eternal sleep, and everything was real. Perhaps two of them, or all of them, would fall into an eternal sleep. But this was not just a sleep. It's a nightmare. Or everything was real right now and Denji was really fighting Aki. But, this was always going to be a nightmare for Y/N.

Everything was real.

1221 words...