Chapter 11

You leaned against the wall, right around the corner from your target's hotel room trying to look as casual as possible. It was the second day,  your VISA expires the day after tomorrow, and if you remember correctly, two days from now, 'The Beach' will become an arena.

Kuina had promised you that she would wipe all signs of you walking to this hallway the moment she got to the cameras, and she would put the empty hallways on loop for 20 minutes. You had 20 minutes to pull this off.

You kept your ears tuned on the footsteps happening in the hotel room. You had been spying on this man for the past two hours, watching as he danced and made out with yet another woman, before glancing at his gun and grabbing it before heading back to his room. He had told the girl to 'wait here', so you had immediately assumed he would be quick.

You couldn't believe your luck, and held back a grin at the retreating footsteps getting further and further away. Looking left and right, you casually kicked off the wall and walked towards his hotel room.

Placing your hand on the doorknob, you scanned the area again before quickly opening it and stepping in. Closing the door behind you, you started to feel a sense of urgency. What if he came back? What if he forgot something?

Scrambling, your eyes skimmed over the room, trying to locate the gun. Unable to see it, you started going through his drawers. His room was cleaner than you expected, very minimalist. Careful not to misplace anything, you moved towards his wardrobe. Opening it, you saw his handgun sitting delicately on top of his underwear. Not wasting a second, you snatched it and shoved it into your shorts.

Zipping up your jacket to hide the obvious bulge around your waist, you closed the wardrobe. You quickly made your way to the door, confident you had pulled this off within the 20 minute time limit.

You swung open the door, feeling on top of the world. You had a weapon! And no one would know! Clicking the door behind you, you looked up, only to pause.

Fucking–

"What are you doing?"

You forced a smile onto your face, "Hey! Chishiya! I was, uh, leaving the room?"

His smile stretched wider, "And what were you doing in that room?"

You started to sweat, both from getting caught by the most annoying asshole on the planet and worried that Kuina's 20 minute time limit was going to run out.

At your silence, he continued, "well, in any case, I doubt you slept with him–"

"I did!" You stated, jutting your chin up, "sleep with him."

How he managed to roll his eyes without even rolling his eyes was a mystery you could never hope to answer. "You did not sleep with Takashi."

"I did!"

He grinned, eyes twinkling, "well, if you did, then you would know his name isn't Takashi."

You had to physically restrain yourself from knocking his lights out. God, you were fucked. How could you never consider actually learning the name of your target? How has this never come up in conversation with Kuina?

You stomped over until you were right up in his face, he looked unfazed which succeeded in pissing you off even more.

"Not a word," you grit out, "not a word to anyone or I swear on my dead hamster's grave I will end you in ways that will have Jack the Ripper swallowing in fear."

He raised a brow, knowing you were bluffing, and the fact that you knew it too was downright humiliating.

He held his hands up in a surrender motion, "my lips are sealed." His eyes told a whole different story. You just hoped that he would keep this under wraps before the craze happened.

"Better fucking be," and with that you sped away. A quick glance at a clock nearby told you that you had gotten away just in time, and you let out a breath you didn't know you'd been holding.

—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Why do you look like a kicked puppy, you got your gun, right?"

"Chishiya found me leaving the room."

"Aw shit. Don't worry, he won't tell anyone."

"Do you even know him?"

"Okay, he might tell, but not without a good reason."

"And I repeat, do you really know him?"

"Okay, maybe also for shits and giggles, but it's okay, I'll protect you."

"I hate him."