Chapter 41

Notice: Okay guys, I'm back!! I don't know if I'm happy with how this chapter turned out but I'm rolling with it anyway. I hope you enjoy it <33

Two explosions.

One after the other in rapid succession. Your heart was in your throat.

If everything went to shit, if Banda betrayed you, then you wouldn't know what to do. Sure, you could punch Banda or get pissed, but that wouldn't change the fact that Enji is still alive. You took a deep breath, apprehension so strong it left you breathless.

You had so many doubts, if you walked out of this cell to see Enji standing in the hall, you wouldn't even be surprised. With shaky hands, you opened the cell door and stepped out.

Your eyes immediately scanned the hall, glancing from one person to another in rapid succession, dreading the sight of a male with bangs and a grey cardigan. You locked eyes with Banda, yours wide and questioning.

He did nothing but give you an unhelpful smirk.

Chishiya and Ippei had stepped out of their respective cells. Ippei fidgeted, gaze flickering to you every couple of seconds, trying to gauge your reaction. Chishiya was staring at Banda, head slightly tilted.

You couldn't spot Enji. You couldn't spot him and the festering hope scared you.

'Game over. Congratulations.'

The words threw you in for a spin. You gasped, delighted. A wide grin immediately split on your face, and you resisted the urge to whoop in triumph. Your legs almost gave out from under you, and you barely had time to register the flash yellow before you were opening your arms and welcoming Ippei into a hug.

The murmurs were slowly getting louder, the other's in disbelief. They glanced at one another, hope slowly sparkling in their eyes. The game was a suffocating one, one that wore down your mental defences and left a bad taste in your mouth. One that many players could not imagine seeing the ending of.

A man cheered, hands thrown up, and then a chorus of happy exclamations followed.

Exhilarated, you couldn't help the toothy smile still stretched across your face, unaware of a bleached-haired male looking at you with uncharacteristically soft eyes.

The collar loosened with a click, and your eyes widened as your collar started slipping off your neck. Reaching up, you clasped your hands around the offending piece of metal and pulled it away. Giving it one appraising glance, you let your hand drop. You felt your skin prickle, and your eyes flickered over to Banda.

He was staring, eyes almost beckoning, and you don't know why your feet decided to bring you over, but before you knew it, you were in front of him. You pursed your lips, trying to find the right words to say.

"Uh, thanks."

"That's it?"

You frowned, "what else do you want me to say?"

A smile started to tug at his lips, "not say. Do."

Your brows furrowed even further, "do?"

His eyes twinkled with amusement, and he slowly brought his hands up. You eyed his hand wearily, confused. With his index finger, he pointed at your lips, before slowly turning his finger around to point at his own lips. He then cocked his head.

Your mouth dropped.

Before you could even begin to process his actions, a hand gripped the front of your shirt, spinning you around. You stumbled, and he pinned you against the wall. Your back pressed against the cold surface, his hand fisted in your collar.

You were reeling, events too fast for your brain to comprehend. His lips were then inches from yours, hot breath fanning yours.

"Tell me to stop."

You had every intention to, but the close proximity has officially rendered you breathless. Your limbs had become lead, and you drowned in his lidded eyes. His mouth then twitched, amused, before he pulled back.

You stared at him in disbelief. A hand then wrapped around your wrist, yanking you away from your position against the wall. You almost tripped, a flush now painting your cheeks. Chishiya stepped in between the two of you.

Banda's facial expression was still pleasant, but his eyes were stormy and cold. Chishiya looked unimpressed.

"I think we have to go now."

"Oh? So fast?"

Chishiya raised a brow, "not fast enough."

With that, he dragged you away, and you followed, dazed. Chishiya glanced over at you, displeased, but once he saw your expression, he melted into concern.

"What's wrong?"

Your thoughts were back in order, and you were more than a little bit angry. How dare he lay his hands on you without allowing you to reply? Wasn't that just assault? The more you thought about it, the more pissed you got.

"That...that fucking asshole!"

You scream echoed through the halls.