Chapter 25

Notice: So, I've tallied the votes and the story will continue down the route of 'Solitary Confinement'. HOWEVER, I love Tatta with my whole heart so idc if I'm spoiling, Tatta will live. My story, my rules. I apologise to all Kyuma fans (I see you) and I hope you enjoy this chap!!

The concrete burned under your palms, a consequence of the sun's heat yet you couldn't bring yourself to care. 'THE NEXT STAGE' was printed in bold letters on the billboard, and you didn't know whether the stirring in your gut was fear or apprehension, either way it wasn't a good thing.

"None of the games have started yet," Arisu commented, and you deflated even further at the events to come. Should you just start running now?

Usagi shifted uncomfortably, "maybe we still have time."

How do you warn them without sounding suspicious? You would be happy to, but if they start thinking you're the game master, then you don't think it'll end prettily. The stirring in your gut intensified.

"Or they forgot to push the big, red start button."

You watched as Arisu and Usagi shared a confused look, and your panic eased a little bit at Chsihiya's careless comment.

"They didn't even tell us the rules," Karube sighed, to which Kuina hummed along in agreement. You eyed Kuina's position on the floor,  feeling slightly unnerved at her disarmed posture.

You walked over, and Kuina grinned up at you from the ground. Clasping her underarm, you nudged her upwards, "in any case, we should be prepared."

Grin widening, she complied with your request, "aw, worried?"

"Yes," you deadpanned.

"Wait, I think I hear something."

You directed your attention to Usagi, who cautiously moved towards the origin of the rumbling.

You heard it coming, and tensed. The Beach members were coming, meaning the King of Spades was going to come soon after, and another massacre will happen except this time there is only one person shooting everyone and there is a highly less likely chance of you surviving.

The rest had watched in bated breath as the rumbling grew louder, then a multitude of cars had emerged from under the bridge.

"The Beach."

The cars circled around you guys, and parked in random spots. Each car door opened, revealing an ex-beach member.

A male approached us, "we saw the blimps," he explained. And you knew this scene, he was going to have his head blown off in about a second, and you felt sick to your stomach.

You weren't a good person, you knew that, yet you couldn't stop yourself as you shouted, "guys! Run!"

A few people had immediately started bolting without looking back, but a few had looked around and glanced at you in confusion.

"Please just run–"

A gunshot rang out, loud enough that your ears had started ringing. Instinctively, you fled, anything to get away from the gunshots firing every second. You heard people starting to scream, the thudding of feet gradually getting louder as everyone ran for their lives.

You glanced to your left to see the rest of your friends hiding behind the train station entrance, and deciding you didn't want to get separated, you dashed for them.

Kuina's desperation was palpable as you neared, "they didn't even give us any rules!"

"Without rules, this is just a massacre."