Chapter 1

Zan's POV
-
Tomorrow is the day of Averick's 18th birthday, and it's also the day he will find his mate. Of course, his mate is probably going to be beautiful, young, smart, and of course a she-wolf. He deserved something like that anyway. He works hard everyday to become the Alpha his father wants him to be, even though a lot of wolves would say he surpassed his father.

I wish I could be his mate...

Averick is tall, around 6'4, and is well built for his age. His black hair was cut short and slightly spiked in the front and smooth in the back. He wore muscle shirts all the time with shorts, even in the winter time. People thought he was crazy for doing that, but he did it to make him stronger against the cold.

I sighed as I leaned my head against the wall, carrying a tray full of snacks for the pups for when they came back from school. I didn't go to school of course, I graduated early due to having all my credits for high school already. No one really came to my graduation though. When the alpha announced that I was graduating early and said my name, the pack just looked at each other. Of course, Luna came afterwards from a meeting and congratulated me. I should actually be a senior this year, but instead I am the maid of the Alpha's house. Only the high ranking wolves lived here with their families. Most of the pups after coming home from school, would come here so they could be watched.

Before I knew it, the kids flooded in through the door, raiding the snack tray I held within my hands, almost causing me to drop it.

"Thank you Zan!" They all called out as they went to play in the living room. Only the kids knew my name really.

"Don't leave your trash anywhere!" I called out to them and then went back into the kitchen to prepare for the second wave of high schoolers. They don't really get to see me. They just know that there was a tray of snacks on the table for them everyday they come back, and that was all. Mostly because when they get home, I start on dinner for the whole house.

It's not as hard as what it seems to be when it comes to cooking for the pack. I don't cook for the whole pack anyway, that would take me all day for just one meal.

Besides, cooking is a passion for me, and I love it with all of my heart. After tomorrow though, I have to be careful. Since the Averick would be alpha, he doesn't have to go to school anymore, so he would be at the house more often.

As I put the cookies into the oven, Rose, Averick's younger sister, ran over to me with a hairbrush.

"Zanny! Can I play with your hair?" Rose asked, giving me those puppy eyes that always makes my heart hurt to say no.

Sighing, I take off my apron and smiled broadly at the young girl. "Sure!" I said to her and grasped her hand as she began to lead me to the living room.

Rose was such a nice young girl, and I know she is going to become a beautiful she-wolf. Right now she is only 6 years old though, the youngest out of her siblings. Her hair was very long, reaching her butt in slight blonde curls. I always loved her hair that way, which is why she would always protest when her mom tried to cut her hair. I sat in front of the couch and Rose went to work on my hair. I would always keep my hair short when I was younger, but when Rose came along and started to play with me, I grew it out just for her. Right now it was at the middle of my back, making me look more feminine, which I didn't mind.

My hair was a pure white color, and my eyes were red since I was an albino. Of course, an albino omega isn't a very good combination anyway, is it? The most rarest of breeds mixed with the lowest of the low...

Just my luck...

I relaxed into the brushstrokes as Rose brushed my hair, and in turn, I brushed hers afterwards. It was when I heard the oven, I jumped up and handed Rose back the brush.