Chapter 5

Averick's P.O.V
-
I growled as I walked towards the pack house to grab my car keys to go take the pups to the park for a couple hours so the adults could finish what they needed.

"It's what an alpha would do for his pack!" My mother told me, patting my back with a smile. Sighing, I agreed to this and went into the house.

Mate!

I stopped in my tracks as I realized that I could smell my mate's scent and it was stronger than ever. I followed the scent up to my room and opened the door. I almost attacked her right where I stood, and I already knew my eyes were golden. There, my mate laid on my bed with her shirt slightly pushed up and her shorts starting to come off her waist. When she looked up at me, she had a blush on her cheeks and I couldn't help but to get onto the bed immediately, and pin her to it.

"Mate..."

My mate was so beautiful, her white hair flowed out around her, and her pale skin was so soft to touch. I glanced at her lips and then leaned in, kissing her gently. At first there was no movement from my mate when I kissed her, and it got me worried. Then I felt her slowly kiss me back, causing me to kiss her harder. She pulled back slightly, which caused my wolf to whimper and she looked up at me with her sea blue eyes.

"Let go of my hands... You're hurting my shoulders..." She whined softly.

You hurt mate.

I just stared at her, feeling bad for hurting her, but at the same time she looked so cute right now. I let got of her hands and her arms went around my neck as she pulled me down for another mind blowing kiss.

"Mine." I growled, my lips inches from hers as I groped her crotch, but was met with something unexpected. The main part was her moan was so erotic, it made me want to take her right then and there. But... She is a he...

My mate...

Was a guy!

I went to go back with my movements, only to be pushed aside by my mate as he ran out of the room. I just stared at him as he ran. He looked so feminine... It was surprising that she turned out to be a dude. Does that change anything?

Yes... It does.

I'm not a faggot!

I stood up, but I heard a thud and a yelp from my mate which seemed to break apart my world as I raced out of my room, knocking down the in-table in the hallway before racing down the steps, but all I saw was a pure white tail disappearing through the basement door. I raced after it and saw my mate on the ground, trying to open a latch.

So that was where he goes. I walked up behind him and scooped him up in my arms before he could even protest. I carried him back upstairs and called for the pack doctor as I went to the infirmary. As I walked, I felt my mate lay his head on my shoulder as he relaxed in my grip and I looked down at him, worried.

"Zan!" I heard my mother call for my mate, running over.

"Luna..." My mate's voice was so quite, that it scared me a lot more than it should have.

Every thing in my body went on full alert when I saw Zan go limp in my arms and my eyes turned golden. "Get the doctor now!" I yelled out, using my alpha's voice which got the doctor way quicker. They lead me to a room and I laid him in the bed, holding his hand but my mother made me come out in the hall against my will. I knew it was for the best though, so I stood in the hallway, pacing back and forth.

My mother gently grasped my shoulder, looking up at me. "Averick, calm down... He'll be okay."

Mom... She knew my mate better than anyone. "Mom... Tell me about my mate. I want to know everything."

She looked at me, and then nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My mother and I talked for a few hours, and I felt guilty for the things I said to him before knowing he was my mate. Even after knowing he was my mate...

I called him a girl! No wonder he slapped me!

"Mom, I'm a complete mess... I have no idea what to do." I put my face in my hands and whined slightly, shaking my head. She just rubbed my back, sighing as she leaned against me.

"Not a complete mess, but you'll be okay." My mother gently rubbed my back until I hopped up when the doctor came back.

"There is no real damage, just a slight concussion, but it's not to serious. His ankle is also only sprained, so he'll have to stay off of that for a while until it fully heals." The doctor opened the door to my mates- I mean- Zan's room. I walked into the room, my wolf whimpering slightly from the sight of Zan laying down with a bandage around his ankle and another around his forehead.

"So he'll be okay?" I asked as I settled myself next to the bed in a chair, holding his hand gently.

"Yes, he only bumped his head. He should wake up at any moment Alpha."

I only nodded as I stared at Zan's sleeping face, looking so peaceful. I felt my wolf whimper and I laid my head on the bed, grasping his small hand within both of mine. The doctor left the room, shutting it behind him and leaving me with Zan, alone.

"I-I'm sorry Zan... It's all my fault..." I whispered softly, leaning in and kissing his forehead. "I don't care what the others say. You are my mate, and I will never leave you. I will not hurt you... Not again." I laid my head against his arm and let myself drift to sleep with my mates scent drifting all around me. I was at peace.

-----------------

I'm sorry for taking so long to publish such a small chapter! ;n; I've been slightly distracted lately with art and the end of school. I'm going to be trying to write a lot more though so don't worry!