Chapter 13

Zan's POV
---
The last thing I remember was holding Rhaelans dead body in my arms and in the next I am in a pure white room with Rhaelan standing in front of me, holding a young woman's hand. This woman had long white hair and blue eyes as pure as the ocean. She just simply smiled at me and looked down at Rhaelan who's eyes were closed as if she was sleep walking.

At this point I would have been freak out and crying, but for some reason, this woman's presence calmed me.

"Welcome to my domain Zan." She spoke softly within my mind as if she herself was in my head. I couldn't help but to recognize that voice.

I thought and thought before I realized it was my wolf. Wait, but isn't my wolf just that? Another body coexisting in mine but in wolf form? Then why was she human?

"I see you have troubling questions." She tilted her head slightly and smiled broadly before she turned to Rhaelan. I took a step forward and she gave me a welcoming smile.

"What's going on? Why are you human?" I asked, wanting to walk closer but I felt my body freeze where I was.

"I am the mother of all werewolves. The moon goddess. You also know my as your wolf. Don't worry though, I won't control your body or anything... Well... Not until I need too. You my darling are my vessel, and just like you, I have taken a liking to this young human girl." As the mood goddess talked, I looked down at Rhaelan and my heart broke within and from the look the moon goddess gave me, she felt it as well.

"Can you save her? Please?" I asked as I felt my throat constrict with pain.

The moon goddess smiled and looked at me.

"Of course, but it comes with a price."

"ANYTHING!" I launched myself toward her, breaking the force that held me there. I grasped her arm and she nodded.

"You're body will be transferred to her, and you'll become a ghost for a while until I can regenerate another body for you." She explained.

Doesn't sound hard. Just gotta float around for a while. I nodded and she kissed my forehead and then bent down and kissed Rhaelans forehead. I watched as she changed. Ears and tail appeared and her black hair faded to white. When she opened her eyes they swirled to red. I smiled at her wanting to hug her but not able to, instead she just faded.

I stayed in the white room for a while till I heard Rhaelans voice calling for me. The moon goddess explained thy part of her soul was also in Rhaelan and I could hear her thoughts.

----

After I had taken Rhaelan back and waited for a while, I was introduced to te followers of the moon goddess which weren't very nice wolves to me. Apparently most vessels are one of the followers and also a girl. So I was basically the exact opposite of what they wanted. I was in the white room with the goddess what I heard my pups cries for help and I immediately ran for her only to see her in the jaws of one of the followers. With the help of the moon goddess, I mustered up the power she possessed and attacked the wolves that half my pup, taking away the goddess' blessing to them and making them turn to dust. My pup fell to the ground and jumped back up, running to me.

"Daddy is in trouble!" She squealed and I bounded to where I smelled te other followers.

I need to find new followers.

I smirked at the goddess' words and agreed with her before I saw my mate on the ground. I suddenly saw red and jumped onto my mate, protecting him before I let off my light, destroying the traitors. Once the light dimmed, I leaned down and licked my mates wound, watching them heal with each lick.

I could feel myself materializing and I shifted to my human form, the goddess' robes on my body. My hair was much more... How should I put it.... Flawless? I don't know....

I let out a distress howl and I was greeted with many howls and Eric and Sasha's wolves burst through the clearing within seconds and saw me. As Eric and the beta carried Averick to the house, I held Rhaelan in my arms as I explained to Sasha what had happened and at first she dropped to the ground, bowing. Looking around to make sure no one was looking, I made her get up.

"Please... I don't want anyone to know for now. Only you, Eric and Averick. And of course Rhaelan." I kissed Rhaelans forehead as she fell asleep in my arms. Sasha only nodded and hugged me, glad everything was okay.

Once inside, thu left me alone with my mate and pup and I gently patted his face with a wet washcloth, smiling softly. I felt bad for shielding myself from him but the goddess asked me to until I was close to regenerating.