Chapter 12

A/N- truthfully I never though I would go this far XD thought I would have forgotten about it by now! Thank you for loving my story guys!

Avericks POV
---
The feeling of something cold and wet on my forehead caused me to wake up and seeing my mate looking down at me with worried eyes. He gently stroked my cheek and kissed my forehead.

"Glad you're awake love." He whispered to me and I thought that everything that had happened was a dream. When I say up and looked around, I was in my old bedroom in te pack house. I looked at Zan and pulled him into my arms.

"Zan! I had this terrible dream that I lost you!" I whispered softly as I held onto him. He hugged me back and I felt warm inside as my wolf purred.

"It wasn't a dream love..." I froze and looked at him.

"What do you mean? Then what happened to you?! Why did you do that?! Why-" he pressed a finger to my lips to silence me and he looked down. A pure white pup was curled up in his lap, asleep.

"You'll wake Rhaelan." He said softly, stroking her fur as she slept.

Zan then looked back up at me and sighed softly, sliding his hand into mine.

"I have something to tell you... And before you go accusing me of hiding it from you, I didn't know until I almost lost Rhaelan..." Zan spoke softly and I watched him intently, grasping his hand.

"Tell me, just promise me you won't leave me again!" I leaned in and gently kissed him and he smiled against my lips as he kissed me back and pulled back.

"I promise I won't leave. But the reason why I disappeared... I'm actually... A vessel for the moon goddess... She resides within me, but doesn't control me. She lent me her power to give Rhaelan life once more, but after that I had to go into a spirit form to regenerate power." Zan explained everything else as well, the reason e stayed away and why Rhaelan looked the way she did.

He had said she was moon kissed, or blessed by the moon goddess so she has a half human half wolf vibe to her. I just pulled the two into my lap and held them close. "I'm just glad you two are alright..." I said softly, kissing him gently.

Rhaelan woke up and Zan helped her shift back to human and she looked up at them and squealed, hugging us both. I chuckled and held both of them closer.

"Rhaelan... I'm sorry for how I acted earlier, I don't hate you; I still love you." I kissed her forehead and she kissed my cheek, smiling.

"I love you too mommy and daddy!" She relaxed against us and my mom walked in with breakfast. She saw us and her eyes softened.

"I'm glad everyone is okay." She said softly, and I guess Zan had spoken to her earlier about what happened to Rhaelan cause she just walked over an kissed Rhaelans forehead and thenade sure everyone ate.

"Tomorrow I'm going to introduce Rhaelan to the pack. Is that okay?" I asked Zan and he smiled, nodding.

"Our little cub!" Zan giggled as he kissed Rhaelans cheek and tickled her. She giggled and laughed as I smiled broadly as I watched Rhaelan hop off the bed and Zan chasing her around the room. I glanced out the window and saw the spirit wolves from earlier at the edge of the woods, glaring at me. I flipped them off before getting up and swooping Zan off his feet, chuckling.

"I'll save you Rhaelan!" I said heroically and she hugged my leg and then clapped.

"Yay! Daddy! You're my hero!" She giggled and laughed. I chuckle and kissed Zan once more unable to get enough of him anymore.

But now I know that he's technically the moon goddess, I can already sense trouble brewing ahead within our lives. But for now I'm going to ignore it so I can spend time with the present. My mate and cub!