Chapter 6

Zan's POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I opened my eyes slowly, a tremendous pounding within my mind that it made me wince when I looked around. I don't recognize the place I was in, but I do know one thing. Averick was holding my hand, asleep in the chair next to mine, and judging by the grip on my hand, there was no way of getting away from him. Why was he here anyway? Didn't he reject me? Well... No, but he kind of did! But he did come after me...

STOP!

I shook my head and sighed softly as I sat up, holding my head with my free hand. I need to get out of here, I don't want to talk to him. Ever. He made his choice, even if he regrets it, so I'm going to make my own choice! He was rude, called me a girl, almost raped me (Even though it can't be rape if you liked it... and I really liked it). I sighed and looked down at him, and then at our hands. Well, more like his hands because mine were nonexistent within his. I pulled my hand out of his grasp and went to get up, only to find my foot heavily wrapped in gauze.

"Shit..." I muttered, and tried to get up, only to stumble against the wall. I froze, hopefully I didn't wake him-

"Zan!" I immediately felt Averick wrap his arms around me and pick me up. When he did, I felt our connection and it made me whine a little, leaning against him.

Damn sparks! Why do you have to be so pleasurable!

"Let go of me... I can stand on my own..." I muttered, trying to pull myself away from him, but this time he wasn't even going to try to listen to me. His broad arms just lifted me off the ground and back onto the bed. In a way... I was actually laying on top of him as he held onto me.

"You aren't leaving this room until you are better. Alpha's orders." He growled softly, but I could hear the worry within his voice. He knew I was going to try to run away again. Doesn't surprise me really. I did run from him twice already.

"Let me go, now. I don't want anything to do with you..." I growled at him, and he seemed to loosen his grip on me a little and I went to move away from him but was met with a stronger embrace, holding me against his chest. He felt so powerful and the way he was holding me so close... I felt safe within his arms as if nothing could go wrong and I could just melt into him and be happy.

"You are mine, no matter what." He growled softly, his head next to mine and he nipped at my ear slightly when he did. I couldn't help but let out a soft whimper when he did, relaxing against him. There he goes again! My wolf was begging for me to just bend over and submit to him. Is it bad I was almost tempted to give in?

"Says the man that couldn't even tell if I was a man or a woman no matter how many times you've talked to me. How many other omegas that are albino do you know within this pack Alpha?" He snarled at him and he snarled back, causing me to shrink away from him. Averick stopped and he stared at me with regret. He then leaned in and pressed his forehead against the nape of my neck, hugging me closer.

"I'm sorry. I just wasn't thinking straight, and with your long hair and all... I just assumed that you were a female." Averick said softly, holding onto me and grasping my shirt. I relaxed a little and sighed, letting him stay there. I guess I could give him another chance... Besides, its not his fault that he thought I was a girl anyway. I sighed and leaned back against him and he gladly pulled me closer to him and we laid together, his head resting on my shoulder. My stomach growled softly, causing Averick to jump a little.

"Sorry," I said softly, blushing from embarrassment.

"It's okay, lets go get you some food." He got out from behind me, and I thought he was going to leave me to get some food, but instead he turned around and scooped me up into his arms, bridal style. I felt my cheeks heat up more when he did, and he carried me out the door as if I weighed nothing. He took me to the kitchen where I smelled dinner being made, and made me realize that I haven't eaten all day besides that bag of chips early in the morning. Averick pushed open the door with one arm and carried me into the kitchen where I saw Sasha cooking, and he sat me in a chair that by the door.