Chapter 10

-3rd person POV for a while-

It's been around a week after taking in Rhaelan into Averick and Zans little family. Sasha had fallen for the little kid and started to take her into the woods to the lake to let her play while Zan and Averick did a few things only to be interrupted by other people having problems.

The others would sometimes smell Rhaelans scent on them but they just said it was a scent of some random humans but a few wolves found that it was the same scent every time. A few of them picked up on the scent of Rhaelan at the lake but stayed hidden as they watched Sasha make sandwiches as the little girl ran out of the lake and saw a cat. She laughed and ran after the cat into the forest.

"Don't go to far!" Sasha called towards the girl and she nodded her head as she then continued to chase the cat.

Tris crept forward in her wolf form and watched as the little girl ran even further away from the old Luna. Seeing her chance, Tris launched herself forward at the child and holding it onto the child that cried out in pain and fear. She sniffed it and snarled. It smelled of Averick and Zan.

He's corrupting my Mate! Adopting a human! Disgraceful!

Tris thought as she glared down at the child. She should kill it for corrupting the Alpha bloodline!

"RHAELAN!" Sasha screamed as she burst from the bushes, ready to fight only to be tackled by a follower of Tris and held down.

"Grammy!" Rhaelan cried out and started to sob as she struggled beneath Tris' wolf. "I want mommy and Daddy!" She cried out and Tris snarled at her immediately silencing her.

Tris pressed a paw to Rhaelan's neck and started to press against it, cutting off her air supply. Rhaelan struggled against the large paw, gasping for air and her face turning red from lack of air.

"STOP IT! LET HER GO!" Sasha screamed desperately, trying to get the wolf off of her so she could help.

Slowly Rhaelan stopped struggling as she blacked out from lack of oxygen. Tris was ready to kill the child only to have a heavy body thrown again her and knock her off the child.

It was Zan in his white wolf, fur bristling as he viciously snarled at Tris and attacked her without second thought. They rolled across the ground as they fought and rolled, blood following their tracks.

Eric, Avericks father, appeared in the clearing and attacked the wolf that was on his mate, not hesitating to break its legs to make it immobile before he made sure his mate was okay.

Averick was next to appear, an saw Zan beneath Tris and Rhaelan a few feet from them, unmoving. He pounced onto Tris, eyes blood red wth rage as he snapped her neck, killing her instantly as he trembled with rage at how she attacked his mate and 'cub'.

Zan was covered in blood, both his and Tris'. His right eye was closed shut, four claw marks going through it. He scrambled over to Rhaelan as tears broke through the blood on his face, washing it away as he crie out in pure pain.

"Rhaelan! No! Please no!" Zan screamed out and Averick rushed get, shifting and checking her breathing.

His eyes widened an he stilled as the realization finally came to him. Rhaelan was far to gone to save. They wouldn't make it to the hospital in time either. He roared in anger and punched the ground as pain shot through his being. Zan cried as if he himself was dying, clinging to Rhaelans limp body. He wouldn't even let Averick close to her either as he laid down and pulled her close.

"I-I'm so sorry Rhaelan..." He whispered, his voice just coming out in scratches as he held her body.

"This is all my fault!" Sasha screeched in pain as she clung to Eric, trembling and scarred for life that she let her first and only grandchild die when she was watching her.

Averick walked up behind Zan, wanting to comfort him, but froze when he saw he had stopped crying and just sat still, holding Rhaelan.

"Zan..." He whispered but he didn't answer.

Instead Zan got up despite his broken leg and carried Rhaelans body to the lake, limping all the way. His eyes which were red were now pure blue and glowing as his hair started to flow behind him as if a powerful wind was blowing it back but nothing was there.

Averick followed him, eyes wide in disbelief as he then realized what he was doing as Zan stepped into the water and kept going. He went to stop him, grabbing his arm but was pushed back by an invisible force and knocked back into the shore of the lake.

"ZAN!" Averick screamed out to him a he disappeared under the water and the water exploded with light that caused him to shield his eyes.  It stayed thy way for a few moments until te light dimmed an revealed Rhaelan laying in the sand of the shore, still dry despite being under water. Her black hair was now pure white like Zans and pure white ears were on her head and a curled tail on her butt. She was still limp until her eyes flew open and she coughed  violently, sitting up. They just stared at Rhaelan as she looked up at them, eyes red as well. Her eyes then reared up as she started to cry. Sasha ran up to her and scooped her up.

"I want Daddy!" She cried but Averick didn't look at her as he made his way to te water.

"Zan... Zan. Zan!" He called out and dove into the water trying to find him but couldn't find anything and was forced back onto the shore by his father. Sasha set Rhaelan in his lap and Averick looked down at her.

"Daddy!" She sobbed as she clung to him, but he didn't move his arms as he died inside from losing his mate. Rhaelan looked up at him and her lip trembled. "Daddy... I..." She then started to sob again and she got off him, running into the forest again thinking of whatever was wrong was her fault. She didn't understand what was happening and thought Averick didn't love her any longer. "Mommy!" She cried as she kept running through the woods, Sasha, who had been following her, unable to find her scent any longer.

Rhaelan couldn't run any longer and fell in a clearing, sobbing as she trembled. "Mommy! I need you!" She cried. A pure white wolf appeared in a ghost like form and wrapped around her in silence but Rhaelan hugged onto the ghost like form trembling. She knew exactly who it was. "Mommy! Daddy hates me!" She cried as buried her face into te wolfs fur.

"No he doesn't. He just doesn't understand what happened. But you do... Don't you?" Zan asked as she looked up at him and nodding.

"Why can't I tell them though? They need to know you're safe where you are!" Rhaelan whined as she clung onto him.

"I'll tell them myself at some point. But for now be strong for mommy. I need time to regenerate my strength." Zan starte to lead Rhaelan back to the others and before he disappeared, he licked Rhaelans cheek.

When Averick appeared through the foliage in his wolf form, he was releived to find Rhaelan waiting for him. But was surprised to see a tail disappearing. Not like into the forest. Like disappearing in midair. Sniffing te air, Averick smelled his mates fresh scent and smelled it on Rhaelan.

"Rhaelan! Where's Zan?!" He asked, worried. Rhaelan only looked down.

"I'm not allowed to say Daddy..." Was all de said and he snarled in anger before he ran past her into the forest trying to find Zan. Rhaelan couldn't help but start to cry again and Sasha picked up Rhaelan.

"It's okay... Just let daddy calm down." She shushed her gently and went ahead back to the pack house instead of the other one. She didn't want for her to start crying again. Eric went to fetch Averick as she did.

A/N: ;n; The feelz... WELP! What do you think happened to Zan? Is he dead? Or is it something else?

Comment on what your think happened!