Chapter 9

A/N
Hey I'm thinking of starting another book but I'm not sure if I should make it straight or gay... Thinking of a Alice in Wonderland theme book, but maybe something else!

Avericks POV

I walked towards the pack house to fetch some things to bring back. Including more food supplies. I was thinking of moving out of the pack house with Zan so we can raise Rhaelan together like a family. I was actually excited about taking care of Rhaelan as if she was our own. We can't have kids anyway since we are both males.

A/N- Or can they? >:3))

"Averick dear, where have you been?" My mother asked a she stepped out of living room once she smelled my scent.

I feel like I shouldn't tell her about Rhaelan. Not just yet anyways, especially when I don't know how she'll react. She may be a kind woman, but doesn't mean she can't over react badly.

"I've just been over at the other house with Zan. We've been thinking of moving out of the pack house to have our own place." I smile warmly down at my mother but she only scowled at me.

"You aren't telling me everything." She said bluntly before she went into the kitchen. Hopefully she left it at that.

I raced up to my room and grabbed a few things including my wallet so we could go shopping with Rhaelan for her clothes. When I went downstairs I ran out the door only to have my mother follow me with her own little bag. I growled, and started to walk fast which she caught up quickly.

"Might as well as stop tryin to get rid of me cause I'm coming anyway." She went faster towards he house and I felt my heart pound in my chest.

Hopefully this all ends well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zan's POV

     Rhaelan and I were in the bathroom while I gave her a bath, making sure she had all the dirt off her. Rhaelan giggled and splashed me with water which I was fine with.

"Feel better?" I asked after dumping another cup of water over her head and listening to her squeal with laughter.

"I feel clean!" She giggled, and then she hopped up after I let the water out and grabbed a towel for her.

I picked her up and wrapped a towel around her before carrying her into her new bedroom and grabbing a regular t shirt she could wear as a dress until her clothes were clean. I dried her long black hair which had a few knots here an there which wasn't hard to get out. I put her in the shirt and slipped it onto her and smiled.

"After your clothes are done we can go shopping for more, alright?" I asked as I smiled.

Rhaelan nodded and her stomach growled and we both laughed.

"Let's go make some lunch first." I grab her hand and we both go down the stairs.

Once at the bottom of the stairs, I was met with Averick, but saw his mother with him. My eyes widened and I put Rhaelan behind me quickly, afraid of what she would think. Most werewolves would think of it as a disgrace. Two werewolves raising a human. Just wasn't right. My sudden action must have scared Rhaelan cause now she clung onto my dress. Sasha looked at me and then down at Rhaelan. She walked over carefully, wanting not to scare the child. She then got down onto her knees and smiled at Rhaelan who hid behind me.

"It's okay darling, I didn't mean to frightened anyone." Sasha cooed, but I remained stiff and Rhaelan must have sensed it from me cause she didn't budge.

Sasha sighed and then stood back up, sniffing the air.

"A human?" She asked and I looked down, wanting to feel ashamed but she grasped my face and made me look up at her. "Darling don't look like that. It's okay." She smiled.

Averick walked over, and put a hand on Sashas shoulder. "Zan found her being attacked by what we can assume was the girls father. He threatened to kill the girl so Zan took action and when I sensed my mate in danger, I went after him and stopped the man." He explained, wanting his mother to accept the girl.

Sasha nodded and gave us a warm smile which caused me to relax. She gave me a warm hug.

"You saved a young girls life Zan, I'm really proud of you." Sasha whispered and I hugged her back, relaxing.

"Daddy?" Rhaelan spoke softly, looking up at Averick who crouched down to meet her height.

"It's okay Rhaelen, it's safe to come out. This is my mom, Sasha, she's really nice." Averick said calmly as he smiled at her.

Rhaelan walked over and hugged his neck, letting him pick her up. Sasha smiled when she heard Rhaelan call Averick Daddy and just gushed.

"Oh my gosh, that is just so cute! I'm a grandma!" She seemed to squeal and hugged me once more.

Sasha then turned to Rhaelan and pulled out a bag of chocolate chips.

"Well, Rhaelan, if you want, you can bake chocolate chip cookies with me later." Sasha grinned and that made Rhaelans eyes shine.

"Grammy!" She reached for her and I couldn't help but laugh as Sasha held her. She looked as if she was about to cry and I rubbed her back.

"We can all make chocolate cookies after we go to the store to get you clothes." At the moment, I heard the dryer beep and went to go grab her clothes, Sasha following me. She scowled when I pulled out the worn out clothes that seemed to small for her.

"No no no. I'll grab a pair of clothes from one of the other parents that don't need them anymore and she can wear them to go shopping." Sasha said as she set Rhaelan down. "I'll be back!" She then took off out of the house and I looked down at Rhaelan.

"Well, how bout we go make lunch while we wait then?" I asked her an Rhaelan beamed up at me as she went to the kitchen.

Averick walked into the laundry room and hugged my waist as he pulled me close.

"That went better than expected." He smiled as he pecked my lips, and I grinned.

"Well, I can't believe we actually doubted Sasha in the first place." I whispered as he then kissed me again, pulling me tighter as he just seemed to grunt in agreement.

I could feel the spark of our bond and realized we haven't completed the mating process. We will have to do it when we have time away from Rhaelan and the pack, which might be awhile...