Do I tell him my feelings?

The following is an actual letter to the author. Identifying information has been removed.

 Identifying information has been removed

Dear Meghan,

I got into a minor car accident a few weeks ago. When the guy I like found out, he said he cared a lot about me. The exact words he used were, "I care for her with all my heart," and he called me "beautiful." Then he told my best friend I was "just a friend." I'm so confused. Do I tell him my feelings?

From,

Do I Tell Him My Feelings?

Dear DITHMF,

Yes, you tell him your feelings. But first, you recognize that his response has no bearing on whether you are beautiful. It feels so good when someone we're attracted to also recognizes our beauty; but even when they don't, our beauty remains. It's always "in the eye of the beholder," as the saying goes. So when you tell him how you feel, fortify your heart with the knowledge that you are beautiful and worthy of love, no matter how he responds.

Whether this guy would rather remain a friend or wants to become your boyfriend, you should get in the habit of communicating clearly and honestly. Something along the lines of, "I know we've been friends for a while, but I've realized I'm actually into you... any chance you feel the same way?" Don't put too much pressure on it. There's no need to connect the conversation to your car accident, or even to the things you've heard he's said about you. Once you've shared your feelings, trust him to share his own. I'll have my fingers crossed for you!

In solidarity,

Meghan

Disclaimer: This advice column is for informational and entertainment purposes only. I'm not a licensed mental health professional and the advice provided is not intended to replace professional advice. Neither I nor Wattpad bears responsibility for any outcomes resulting from the advice given.