18 | Juvenile

𝐀 𝐅𝐄𝐖 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐒 𝐀𝐆𝐎

𝐀 𝐅𝐄𝐖 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐒 𝐀𝐆𝐎.

LOCATION: Blue Ridge Juvenile Detention Center

The nurse tilted my chin downward and used her gloved hands on the bridge of my nose. I winced in great pain, while I sat on the patient bed.

"Ow," I muttered under my breath and looked straight into the eyes of the nurse in front of me.

"I'm sorry," nurse says her gaze softened, her eyes darted all over my face.

The nurse took a step back and wrote down, a couple of notes down on her clipboard. Then she went to her desk and updated my patient information.

The medical unit was filled up with posters, minimal wallpaper, and bare walls all over.

I wore a short white tank top with grey sweatpants, my ash blonde loosened and flowed.

Rubbed both arms in a repeated process and looked up found a window opened. The cold draft filled up the room.

"Can I have something for my black eye?" I asked pointed to my right eye and breathed out a sigh of annoyance.

The nurse placed my patient file back into the filing cabinet and scanned ID against a scanner, she disappeared into a small, cramped spare room.

The clicking sound of the clock above the entrance door, with each passed moment, could've made me go insane.

Sighed sound of the door came out of the storage room, and the nurse tossed me a bag of ice. She gave me a quickened shoo motion and I left.

I managed to close the heavy metal door without any sound made. Breathed out a heavy sigh, and pressed the bag of ice to the right side of my face.

It felt unbearable that the ice itself would cause more harm than good.

"You look like shit, I hope you know that," Maddie said pushed herself off the wall, and walked over to my left side.

I gave a half-smile to Maddie's comment and stifled a laugh, that wanted to be rung out into the opened atmosphere of the second floor.

Maddie rested her head on my shoulder, and I took in a deep breath and then slowed the tension from my body.

"Thanks, Maddie I know that I look like shit" I replied. Punched her right arm and she clutched it and gave me a death glare.

"What did you do that for?! I don't deserve this kind of treatment" Maddie responded whisper-yelled at me and stuffed her hands back into her jumpsuit pants.

Looked up and found a security camera with a message above it that said Smile! You're on camera!
We both waved and made silly facial expressions.

We stop. We decided and looked around also below the railing was a couple of guards patrolled the area.

In a quickened second, a guard flashed his bright flashlight, and our bodies closed to the cold tilted floor. Strained my neck to get a widened view below.

Maddie grabbed my hand and looked both ways before we have gone through the back door.

The chilled air whipped against our faces, and I pulled over my jumpsuit jacket over my shoulders.

Maddie decided to lean forward with the chained section on the swing set creaked and swayed. Her eyes squinted and narrowed gaze at the black & bluish coloration dyed on my right eye.

"What? It doesn't look that bad I've had worse" I replied. Pressed the bag of ice as closed to the black eye as possible and winced so badly.

"I dunno this doesn't look like it was a fair fight" Maddie answered. She took out a new pack of cigarettes and placed one between her chapped lips.

A cold air cloud puffed from my lips as I reached into the inner pocket of the jumpsuit jacket. Pulled out a lighter decorated with a snake and initials on the bottom corner.

"Here," I said. I pressed down on the red button and a medium-sized flame danced and created faded shadows on our faces.

The fight that took place wasn't a fair one, to begin with, but it didn't matter because I wanted them to feel desperate, scared, and defenseless just like me back then.

author's note

hey! guys, how was your Thanksgiving break? Because mine was alright, even though it wasn't the best I did enjoy myself!

Anyway, hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and share your thoughts in the comments section.

today's challenge is to guess the word count for this chapter and if you get it right you can pm a suggestion or idea for the next chapter!