Boat Gang Reunion!

NONE OF THIS IS MINE

Fwhip pov:
I can't believe Bdubs is here. I remember how Gem's eyes lit up yesterday when she saw him after 5 years. Our birthday's in a week, so we're lucky we're meeting more friends instead of being separated from them. I wonder who else is gonna meet up again...

Joel pov:
I jerked upwards at my alarm. I slugged through my morning. I walked to the bus stop, where I met up with Jimmy, Lizzie, Scott, and Xornoth. We all live in the same neighborhood.

"Hey Lizzie!" I exclaimed. She rolled her beautiful light blue eyes. Her long, flowy pink hair was up in a bun today. Jimmy and Scott were talking awkwardly, blushing. How do they not know they like each other?

"So, um, Scott. What do you think of the school?" Jimmy asked nervously, scratching the back of his neck. Xornoth was failing drastically to not laugh at them. Everyone can see right through your coughs, Xornoth!

"Does Jim ever talk about Scott?" I asked Lizzie. She just laughed.

"No, but I'm sure he talks in his sleep though!" She said between giggles. Perfect time for the bus to come. No, seriously. That wasn't sarcastic.

     I brushed back a green lock of hair and stepped up to the bus. Lizzie sat with Gem, Scott and Jimmy sat together, and Xornoth found the one empty spot and gave me the evil eye when I tried to sit there. I scanned the isles. I ran down to a seat with only one person. I sat down before I could process who sat there. I turned and opened my mouth, to see, ETHO?!

"Etho! I haven't seen you in forever! Where were you yesterday?" I exclaimed. The silver-haired boy chuckled and gave me a hug.

"I was out with a headache yesterday! Mom is so over-protective!" Etho exclaimed with his Canadian accent. Next to me, somebody snickered.

"New friend Etho?" A familiar voice said. I turned around to the other row. Oh, oh! It's Grian! Scar's next to him, smiling.

"Nope! We've known each other since Kindergarden. Joel moved away in fourth grade." Etho stated matter-of-factly. Grian smiled.

"You both have yellow shirts on! You're the Yellow Boys!" Grian exclaimed. I shook my head.

"Wrong! We're the- uh," I turned to Etho. I turned back quickly. "Boat Gang! We're the Boat Gang!" I said, trying to copy Etho's matter-of-fact tone. I nodded confidently.

"Boat Gang?" Asked someone from behind me. I turned around. Lizzie sat behind me. Gem looked confused.

"Lizzie! Haven't seen you in a while!" Etho exclaimed. Lizzie's eyes lit up.

"Oh, hey! How's Carmen?" She asked. Now it was my turn to be confused.

"What? Isn't Carmen your older sister, Etho?" I asked. Etho grins.

"Yeah, Carmen's my sis. She went of to some college a year ago." Etho shrugged.

"Carmen was my science tutor in 5th grade. We were good friends for a couple years. I met Etho once or twice when I went over to their house a couple times. How do you know him?" Lizzie asked. Her eyes shines in the light perfectly. She was perfect. I snapped out of it quickly.

"He was my best friend from when we met in Kindergarden to when I moved away in fourth grade. We lost touch after awhile, but," I said turning purposely toward Scar and Grian, "We are NOT Yellow Boys. We're Boat Gang!" I exclaimed. Scar nodded.

"Okay, so not Yellow Boys?" He asked. Grians eyes lit up, and I could practically see the lightbulb above his head.

"Smallishetho it is then!" Grian exclaimed. I started laughing really hard.

"Wait- is that, like, our name?!" He exclaimed in confusion. Grian and Scar laughed along with me. I nodded. I could t breathe from laughing. Etho joined us. I could feel Lizzie roll her eyes behind me. She and Gem talk the rest of the way to school. Grian, Scar, Etho and I laugh the rest of the way. He muttered something to do with doors, spyglasses and ahas. That makes Grian keep laughing until homeroom. 'I'll ask Gem about his behavior in homeroom after school' I decide.

That was fun to write! The 'ahas' will come up again, don't worry! I hope you liked this Boat Gang chapter. Happy reading guys, gals, and non-binary pals!
-Shadow