Katherine's dinner (pt 2 to Shelby's Day)

I DO NOT OWN HERMITCRAFT OR EMPIRES! Artwork not mine, btw.

=================================================================

Katherine pov:

      "So, that was Shelby? Seems like a keeper." My mom commented, watching Shelby enter her home. We drove Shelby back to her house, because her mom couldn't because of work.

       "Mo-om!" I exclaimed. I told Mom about my crush on Shelby, and now she wants us to get together after meeting her once. Is that normal?

         "What? You obviously like her, and she probably likes you. What else was I supposed to say?" Mom tries to defend herself, but she's holding back laughs, probably because of my face.

          "Maybe 'What do you want for dinner, my beloved daughter?'" I answered, now holding back a bit of laughter as well. 

           "Fine, what do you want for dinner?" She asks innocently.

          "You forgot the last part." I playfully remind her. Mom looks in the mirror, with a grin on her face, to look at me while saying this.

             "No, I don't think I did." I pretend to be hurt by what she just said, but I'm not. I like teasing her, and she likes teasing me. 

               "I would like mac 'n cheese, please." I answer her previous question, pretending to ignore what she just said. She bursts out laughing. Her laughter is infectious, and I start laughing too.

                 "If you can find a box, I'm not home making any mac 'n cheese." I accept the offer, and when we pull up to our driveway. Dad's car is in the driveway, so that's a bonus.

               "Hey Dad!" I call through the house, hoping he hear me. He sticks his head out from the kitchen doorway.

                "Hey kiddo, how was your day?" He asks. I hug him tightly before answering.

                "It was good. My friend Shelby came over earlier to practice the play with me. We just dropped her off at her house." Dad nods.

              "My day was good, I'm glad to hear your day was good as well." He pauses, turning back into the kitchen.

            "I'm making mac 'n cheese for dinner, sound okay?" I nod eagerly. 'Great minds think alike.'

            "Now," He pauses with a mischievous grin on his face, "Who is this Shelby girl?" 

            "Uh, um-You've met her before!" I exclaim, after stumbling over my words a bit.

            "I have? How do I know that there isn't some other Shelby who is in the play as well, and wants to practice with you? Just wants to spend some quality time." He asks playfully. I roll my eyes.

I run up to my room to clean up. My room doesn't get messy a lot, but it bothers me when it does. I turn on random music and hum along as I clean up.

              "What's this...?" I mutter to myself. It was some sort of red beanie... oh no! It's Shelby's, she must've left it! I haven't seen her without it on (unless we're in school) since the day she got it.

               "I'll give it to her tomorrow, at school." I think out loud. So, I go back to picking up my room. (A/N- fun fact: when I was writing this it wanted me to spell this 'me room' instead of 'my room' and make Katherine sound like a pirate. That's Joey's job!)

                "Katherine! Dinner's ready!" I hear Mom call up the stairs. I quickly turn off the music and run down the stairs.

               "Mac 'n cheese!" I cheer. I hear Dad softly chuckle from the kitchen. I quickly set the table and place the bowls on the table.

               "So, you already know my day. What about yours?" I asked after 5 minutes of silence and mac 'n cheese bliss.

              "Today was just like normal for me, I had to plan out the next day and teach. Oh, dear God, those kids can drive me up the wall. Not much respect, sometimes I hate being the 'new teacher'." Dad rambled for a moment. He's a home economics teacher for the middle school.

              "Today I got one order for a flower arrangement. Some kid wanted flowers for a goodbye party. Black and blue colored flowers, so I had to go looking for a black colored flower. I eventually found some black roses." Mom explained. I thought for a moment. 'Isn't there a kid leaving my school whose favorite colors are black and blue...?' I think for a minute.

              "Who ordered the flowers? Maybe I know them." I offered. Mom scrolls through her work-phone for second before finding the text from this kid.

                "They never gave me a name but told me to call them 'X'. Know anyone who calls themselves 'X'?" I nod immediately. 

                "Yep! His name is Xisuma, and there is somebody named TFC who is a friend of his and will be leaving for a different state. I guess he wants to throw a goodbye party." I eat the last bite of my food.

                "Dang it, I thought I could make the mac 'n cheese last longer this time." I wipe my hands with my napkin before going back to talking with my parents.

================================================================

Short-ish chapter again. I wanted to include more Katherine and I will try to add more Hermits and Empires smp members, but I may not get to all of them.

If you have any special requests, please put them here. I definitely won't get to them right away, as I will probably have to do some homework on the Hermit/Emperor. 

And, OH MY GOSH?! A thousand veiws? Insane, you guys are the best. Seriously! It's March and started this book in, like, January. What the heck. Thank you so, so, so, so, so, much! 😊

Happy reading guys, gals, and non-binary pals!

    -Shadow