Jizzie Date

I DO NOT OWN EMPIRES OR HERMITCRAFT.

O0O0O0O0O0O0O0O0O0O0O0O0O0O

Joel pov:

I fidgeted with the hem of my shirt nervously.

I was standing in front of Lizzie's front door, about to take her out on a date.

I spent almost a week trying to figure out the perfect first date. I finally decided on it and asked Lizzie out.

I knocked on the door twice. 'Please don't let Lizzie's Dad answer the door, please, please, please-'

"Joel. I don't approve of you taking my daughter on a date. But I can't stop her. She better be home by 10 o'clock. Understand?" I nervously nodded. Mr. Soldarity-Shadowlady makes me nervous.

       "Yes sir." I answered. I stood there close to a minute before seeing Lizzie run down the stairs.

        "Lizzie!" I call. She grins and tackles me with a hug. I stumble back a bit.

       "Let's go." Lizzie says. I smile and take her hand.

        "Bye mom and dad!" She calls behind her shoulder. She pulls me towards our destination.

        "I don't think I've seen you in that skirt before, Liz." I try to start small talk.

         "I wore it a couple days ago, at school. How are you?" I try to remember her wearing that skirt. It reached just above her ankles and was black with a pink floral design.

         "I'm good but drowning in schoolwork. Why do they give us so much work?" I wondered out loud.

         "I don't know. It doesn't really make sense." Lizzie shrugs. I agreed. 

We chat a bit more, before approaching the bowling center. I entered here a few times beforehand to see if it met my expectations.

         "Here we are! I'm really good at bowling, just warning you." I inform her. Lizzie looks at me.

         "Oh really? Because I'm really good as well." I hear the challenge in her voice.

         "I bet I'll win." I say, challenging her. She smirks at me.

         "You're on, Smallbeans." I take mock offense.

          "You mean Smallishbeans? I'm not that small." Lizzie laughs from her 6-foot height.

We walk up to the front desk and get some bowling shoes. The person behind the counter was nice. 

          "Aisle 3, the bowling balls are behind Aisle 4." I nod and thank the person behind the front desk.

          "Okay, I'll take a..." I pause thinking. 'How strong am I? I haven't bowled in a while...' I thought to myself. 

          "I'll take a 7. Nevermind, this too heavy. 6 it is, then." Lizzie says. I smile and pick up a 5. 

          "I'll put in your name for you." I offer. Lizzie steps aside and I enter her name into the little device.

           "'Sea Queen'? I like it. I'll put in your name." I try looking over Lizzie's shoulder to see what she's typing, but she's a foot taller than me.

           "Hey! 'Mezalian King', not bad." I smiled.

           "I go first." Lizzie muttered a few words under her breath, before tossing the ball.