7

My mind freezes and I look away. But I don't stop walking. I can see him better now. His stare cuts through me.

But something else is on my mind.

Suddenly I'm back at that party. I feel his eyes on me. The way he looked at me and the hungry stare. The way he looked at my body.

And then when I came out of the bathroom. The way he touched me. And I felt so dirty. I can still feel his hand there.

It makes me sick.

But..

He's Madelin's cousin?

I come back to the present when cold air hits my face. We're back in the parking lot.

And they're gone.

And it's just me, Madelin, Mers and Ayna again.

Was I imagining them?

"Cade is so annoying. I can't stand him. And why is he coming on vacation with us?" Mers asks furiously.

"I told you the house is his as much as it is mine." Madelin says. "And he's obviously coming there just to annoy us. At least the house is big so we hopefully won't see him much."

"His friends will be there too. They're jerks." Ayna says.

Madelin now turns to me. "That was my cousin. He's a dick but you have obviously already noticed that."

I smile a bit but don't say anything.

It's dark and street lamps are lightening the parking lot.

We make our way to the car. We all sit in with Mers and Ayna in the back. I'm in the front and Madelin is driving.

"Wait Valeri, can we stay at yours?"

"Yessss that would be so cool." Mers says excitedly.

"I don't know. I'll have to ask Alex." I say.

"Alright call him."

I do as they say and take the phone from my bag and dial my brother.

He picks up after the first ring.

"Valeri."

"Hey-" I start but Mers takes the phone from my hand.

"Heyy Alex. Soo we wanted to ask if we can stay at yours."

Its quiet for a couple of seconds.

"Okay...alright...yeah we're heading back right know...no, no she didn't...okay...so we can come?...they are?...that's even better...thanks...bye."

"We fucking love your brother." Mers says.

"Hell yeah." Ayna agrees.

She returns my phone and we soon pull into our driveway.

We all get out of the car and make our way up the stairs.

We see them in the backyard with a fire next to them. Alex, Zach, Kian and Lachlan are sitting on the floor eating pizza.

Again?

Nevermind.

Lachlan jumps up and pulls me into a crashing hug. "I haven't seen you for such a long time. I missed you." He says with a playing smile.

"You saw me yesterday."

"Too long."

I can literally feel everyone roll their eyes.

He pulls away and sits back down on the floor bringing me with him. He's on my left and Zach is on my right.

Madelin, Mers and Ayna sit down as well.