21

It's 11.30PM and Alex and Zachary went to their rooms. I don't think they're asleep yet, but Ryan said to meet him at midnight. I have half an hour left to get to his house.

I put both of my phones in my bag and take some money and slowly open my bedroom door. Zach and Alex are just across the hallway so I have to be quiet.

The house is silent and the only light that is turned on is above the stairs. I slowly move down them.

If they hear me, I just hope they'll think I'm getting something to drink.

Okay, I made it downstairs now. I walk down another hallway and get to the door. There's a key in it and I slowly turn it to the left.

I step out, take the key and my shoes with me and lock the door. I just hope they aren't going to check on me.

I look around. It's pretty dark. The street lights are the only sources of light here. I put the keys in the pocket of my bag and check the time.

11.40PM

I can make it.

I put on my shoes and walk over the driveway until I come to the road. I haven't been outside by myself here before.

Ryan didn't have to text me his address because I saw him yesterday infront of his house. I know where it is.

I step on the sidewalk and start walking. I keep turning around because of my anxiety. It feels like someone's following me but I know there's no one. Plus I'm scared of the dark.

I walk slowly because I have time. A few minutes later I see his house. I can see that its walls aren't freshly painted from here. But it doesn't look bad.

I cross the street and here it is. Infront of me. I check the time again.

11.55PM

I move away from the street lights and take out my burner phone. I find his contact and text him.

Me: I'm outside

I walk up the stairs until I come to his front door. I wait for some time and then it finally opens.

He doesn't open the door completely. Just enough that I can slip in.

And I do.

Ryan closes the door behind me and goes to what looks like a kitchen.

I'm choosing between following or waiting but then I pick the first choice.

The light in the kitchen is on, so I look around.

"Same like last time?" Ryan speaks.

"No, just painkillers, if you have any." He looks at me.

"Sure." He leaves the room and comes back a few minutes later. "Here." He puts some on the counter.

I take the money out of my bag until i remember. "Do you maybe have something stronger? To help me sleep."

"I only have Rohypnol. You know it?"

Yeah I do. I remember mom taking it and I also know it's the most common used drug for rape.

"Yes." But I don't know if I should take it. I guess I can buy it and not use it. Just in case I ever need it. "I'll take it."